Help with PaySnap 3.0.2 please!? Tax / Handling not working

Can anyone help me please?

I’m trying to use PaySnap 3 for a site, and I know that Stripe doesn’t support Tax via PaySnap - I can live with that… But I can’t get PaySnap 3 to send the tax value (or handling) fields to PayPal either…

I’ve set up a really simple demo, no other stacks - just PaySnap and standard Rapidweaver Text stacks here:

There are two items, one priced at £25.00 with a £2.50 handling fee, £0.00 shipping, and tax at £5.00 (20%). The other item is £50, with tax at £10. - £2.50 handling fee and £0.00 shipping again.

1. If you add either item to the cart, then checkout - no tax or handling fee is shown when you get to paypal, only the item value.

2. Unless you have a QTY field in the PaySnap Item stack, no matter how many times you click ‘add to cart’ and the number (correctly) shown in the cart… when you get to paypal, it only gets sent 1 item… not the quantity shown in the basket.

I need to add VAT on to my purchases, and it needs to be shown as a separate tax line so I can’t simply add the tax to the total… it needs to be separate… but for some reason, PayPal isn’t receiving it from PaySnap… Can anyone help me figure out why??

Thanks in advance,

J.

Have you sent a support query through to @yabdab? He’d be best placed to help.

Yes - sent a bug report on Friday about the issue with quantity not adding for each ‘add to cart’ unless there’s a quantity field in the item stack, and questions about the tax yesterday - but it’s a weekend so not expecting a reply from Mike until the coming week… I was hoping someone might be able to help or have a fix/workaround in the meantime as I’m trying to get this site up and running as soon as possible…

J

Sorry man, don’t have Paysnap.

I’ve discovered what’s causing the bug… I’ve sent Mike at @yabdab a message so hopefully a permanent fix can be implemented, but at least now I can work around it…

J.

It would be nice if you elaborated on what you figured out…
Just in case someone else has the same issue.

3 Likes

Good point Doug…

Basically - PayPal allows CART wide tax and handling over-rides, ITEM based tax and handling over-rides, or default to whatever your PayPal preferences are…

PaySnap 3 also supports the cart-wide and item based tax/handling - there are Tax and Handling fields in the base stack, and each item stack.

If you leave the tax and handling fields in the BASE stack empty, then the item fields will be correctly passed to PayPal, so each item can have a different handling charge, or different tax amount, and PayPal will reflect it correctly in the PayPal screens…

BUT…

As soon as you enter any value in the tax/handling fields of the BASE stack, then they get applied cart-wide - and take priority over any ITEM based tax/handling values…
That’s logical…

The only problem is, you can’t clear the fields once ANY value has been entered… deleting the value just resets the field to 0.00…
As that’s still a value, 0.00 gets passed as Tax or Handling to PayPal, no matter what the item values are set at… You need to be able to CLEAR the Base stack values completely, not just reset them to 0.00.

I did a test just by adding a new base stack and not adding any tax or handling into the base fields, and it worked when it got to PayPal, as I expected it should do…

You just have to make sure those tax and handling fields in the base stack remain completely empty.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.