How does your subscription licensing model work?

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I’m not paying for another subscription!

:triumph: I’m not renting software!

:question:Why’d you stop selling one-off license purchases!?

Adding new features and supporting our apps is an ongoing effort that requires a significant amount of work. To ensure that we can maintain the highest level of service and continue delivering awesome new features, we have adopted a “pay for updates” billing model.

How does it work

Every RapidWeaver Classic license comes with 1 year of app updates from the purchase date. This allows us to continue building the best web building app for the Mac and release new features regularly.

After the first year, your 1 year period of app updates is automatically renewed for another year at the app’s regular pricing. If you choose to cancel the automatic renewal, you can continue using the version of our app that you last had, forever… (no pressure, we don’t limit the app’s functionality if your updates have expired).

Why is this model better?

With our previous billing model, we had to save significant features for major releases. This resulted in frustration from both sides - we couldn’t quickly share all the new and exciting things we’d built, and users had to wait much longer to receive them.

Now we don’t have to worry about saving new features for major releases and can fully focus on quickly delivering new and exciting things to you, and that’s important for us.

So is this a subscription?

Not in the traditional sense, this model is fundamentally different than a subscription and we will never limit your access to the app.

Renewing for another year of app updates is completely optional and you are free to keep the last version of the app you were using forever. It will still be a completely functional app that continues to provide all the amazing features that you’re used to. If there are any updates in the future that catch your attention, or if you would like to support our team’s continued work, you can renew the updates then. :blush:

How can I manage my license and updates?

You can manage your license and updates using our License Manager. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us and we’ll get you sorted!