How to update plug-ins and how to force RW to publish new web icons

Hey everyone,
Two questions

1. How do I get RW to check for plug in updates? I have ignored it for a while because of worrying about it changing my website which cannot go own as a lot of people rely on it. I just updated to the latest version of RW and I’m sure there is. a newer version of many plug ins but I haven’t been prompted in a long time, and I can’t find a way to check. I did search this topic and it seems a menu item was added to RW to check for plug I updates but has since been taken out.

2. I changed my web icons, the safari pinned tab sag specifically, but the site does not get marked as changed when you change web icons, and when I “republish all files” it is still using the old one. How do I get R to publish the new web icsons? My current one doesn’t work so small .

Thank you!
Whitney

Hi Whitney,

1. In preferences, check “Automatically Check for Updates”

Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 09.43.32

Or at the bottom left of the project window, open “Updates”

Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 09.42.21

Next click on “Check now”

1. Web icons can take a while. I have sites running where the web icons show in Chrome but not in Safari and vice versa. Often it depends on the settings in your browser.

Hans

Also try clearing your browser’s cache to ensure all the newly published files are being loaded.

Interesting. In a private browsing window in Safari, it still shows the old web icon. and I went into my data and deleted all data for my website and it still shows the old web icon. but in Chrome which has all cookies cleared, it shows the new icon. Frustrating, my new icon is so cool! haha

Here’s my website www.whitneydafoe.com

As I check the website, your webicon shows in Chrome and Firefox, but not in Safari.
I wouldn’t worry too much about it, it’s Safari related. I have the same thing with my sites. Some icons show in bookmarks, others don’t. I have no explanation, but for me it’s a minor issue.

Hans

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.