Instagram alternative

I think for a lot of my clients they don’t care so much about the social features. It’s just an easy way for them to get photos of current work or projects onto the site with no fuss.

1 Like

Wow, I’m surprised @willwood and others remember that WeaverPix had an iOS app. It certainly didn’t have the sales that would have suggested it :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, that was the whole point. Users could build a photo gallery that their client could update ‘on the fly’ from their mobile app. The iOS app could also resize and apply some image effects before uploading. This way, all of your images could be resized, cropped, Sophia-toned (or whatever) and published to your site in a consistent fashion.

I will keep this in mind, thanks for all the great support :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Greg

4 Likes

Maybe it was ahead of its time, and maybe, now is its moment!

2 Likes

I would have thought there might even be an opportunity for two separate products.

1. Photo Library stack. With the re-sizing and effects that you mention and maybe some other stuff on the phone side.
  2. Instagrid stack. One that’s designed to reproduce an Instagram grid. All thumbs and pix same size and shape, support for simple, short captions, half a dozen simple effects, applied via the stack for all images.

Rob

I’d be piss easy to knock something up like this in TotalCMS.
A dedicated admin page specifically laid out for mobile that uploads an image (or images) with an optional caption to a specific gallery.
I’d even be easy to have multiple galleries to choose from when uploading.
Using Instacks gallery you could then display individual or multiple totalCMS galleries on the public facing pages.

2 Likes

Could you do the same with EasyCMS Paul?

Easy doesn’t have galleries, only single image, so you could set it up with a fixed number of images and overwrite them but not an infinite gallery, you’d definitely need total for that.

I’m already doing this with TotalCMS on a site. Customer loves it.

Oh this sounds like it’s something I could use on a couple of my sites.
Nice and simple.
Please consider this for development :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.