RWML (or RapidWeaver Multilingual) is the ultimate set of stack elements for helping you make your RapidWeaver website fully multilingual. These powerful stacks let you translate just about every aspect of a webpage. Your website visitors can choose their preferred language from a select menu or custom flags / links. Their language choice is ‘remembered’ by the system; on subsequent visits and page views.
Over the course of nearly two years, the stacks have been completely rewritten around a shiny new, intelligent, reliable and ultra-efficient PHP codebase. This latest version of RWML gives you immense flexibility for building the perfect, multilingual website you never thought was possible with RapidWeaver! The sophistication and advancements made in RWML v2 are truly remarkable.
RWML 2 is a major update. To briefly summarise the main changes that have happened in RWML v2:
- The editing interface has been improved; with emphasis on making the stacks easier to use and bringing the most important settings and instructions to the front.
- Some stacks have been merged together. For example, instead of there being three different switch stacks, there is now just one. Expanded settings let you swiftly toggle between different switch types.
- We now use server-side code (like PHP) to determine what content to display. What’s the big deal with this? Server-side means only the content relevant to the selected language is sent down to the web browser. This brings enormous efficiency savings. Plus smoother and faster loading websites.
- A couple of the stacks have been renamed, to better-reflect their revised roles within the RWML set.
- The new ‘RWML Wrapper’ stack lets you effortlessly place other stacks inside. You can regulate when those stacks are shown, based on the current language selection.
- All the RWML stacks are now rebranded as ‘Stacks4Stacks’, with new meta data, support links and secure update checking capabilities.
- We are now making use of newer Stacks API features. These will give you faster page previewing, better compatibility with other stacks and improved reliability with an ever-growing choice of web browsers.
- The RWML Menu stack no longer overwrites elements in navigation links (like spans and Font Awesome icons) and should work more reliably with a greater choice of theme designs and frameworks. It can now simultaneously translate mobile, desktop and breadcrumb links in most themes.
- RWML is no longer dependent on older third-party addons (like PlusKit) which have been known to sometimes cause RapidWeaver problems (especially after updates). Everything can now be accomplished with RWML and Stacks. No extra purchases required.
- A brand new ‘RWML Meta’ stack at the request of former users, for improving SEO (search engine optimisation) and Twitter / Facebook sharing.
Click here to read more about RWML, watch a tutorial video, download a free demo version and access the new (illustrated) user guide.
Looking to update from RWML v1? Please carefully read the user guide to understand the update process involved. If you purchased RWML after 1st July 2017, you can download the update direct from your Paddle account. For any purchases before this date, please get in contact before Saturday 30th September 2017 (with proof of purchase), to claim a 100% coupon code. The free update window closes after this date.
RWML v2 requires Stacks 3.5 or later