Starting that new blog on your website for 2016? Then the MicroBlog stack might be exactly what you’re looking for! This is a useful new stack for quickly deploying a basic blog. MicroBlog lifts content from the Tumblr micro-blogging service. This stack will pull-in your most recent Tumblr posts seamlessly into your webpage. You can create new blog posts through the Tumblr website, via email or SMS or any of the existing Tumblr apps. This gives you the freedom to blog about anything, from anywhere. Exactly what blogging should be about!
Key features of MicroBlog:
- It’s simple to setup, no complicated code to wrangle with or ugly iFrames to spoil your website appearance
- Control how many of your most recent posts are displayed, so you can display just one on a landing page or multiple on a dedicated blog page
- Precisely customise the date format of your blog posts shown
- The option to display some dummy content in RapidWeaver preview, so you can see what you blog would look like before you publish it live
- Support for regular, photo, audio, video, conversation, link and quote post types
- All titles and headings are fully customisable, making this stack ideally suited for non-English websites or in instances where you simply want to change the terminology displayed
- An optional responsive sidebar to display blog links by title or publication date, plus an RSS subscription modal and links for your readers to submit questions or content of their own
MicroBlog is the same blog addon being used in the new Stacks4Stacks blog. It works with all major web browsers and is mobile-first responsive. We’ve purposefully omitted lots of style settings from this stack, so that it will inherit font styling and colours from your existing RapidWeaver theme; for greater consistency with existing webpages.
And you’re making it available for free @willwood ! Thank you very much!
That looks excellent Will. I’ll grab a copy today.
Now you can have your Tumblr blogon your RW website - for free?
Until now that kind of stack has always been premium cost.
Incredible. Thank you.
What a great new blogging stack. Looks rich in features and easy to customise. Amazing it is free.
The dummy content is a really neat feature.
Thank you @willwood. Makes me want to start blogging!
Wow! Excellent. Just downloaded and had a bit of a play and it seems every bit as good as the paid alternative (I will stress that this isn’t to say that the paid alternative isn’t great value, because it is).
@willwood is one of the RW greats who doesn’t seem to get the profile he deserves. Check out his other themes and stacks. I would recommend his support as top class.
Thank you for your generosity.
I have downloaded MicroBlog and will take a serious look at implementing in on my site. I will also take a look at all of your add-ons as well now that I have a link to your website.
I’ve never used Tumblr, but I set up a new Tumblr account and had the MicroBlog stack publishing a test blog entry with images on a Rapidweaver page in less than 10 minutes. It looks great with the Wilderness Theme. I used this page to thank Will. This isn’t the first time that Will has made me, a web site design beginner, look like like a pro.
Great stack for me (dummy RW user). Could it implement in just minutes. Thanks a lot for this.
Just a shy question. Do you see a possibility to make private post visible?
Suddenly I have the following errors and the Blog is not working anymore. Have I changed something somewhere?
Has anyone a tip for me?
Warning: simplexml_load_file(http://...@xx.com.tumblr.com/api/read?num=50) [function.simplexml-load-file.php]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /home/xx/www/xx.com/www/xx.com/page13/index.php on line 193
Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file.php]: I/O warning : failed to load external entity “http://firstname.lastname@example.org/api/read?num=50” in /home/peterbu2/www/xx.com/www/xx.com/page13/index.php on line 193
Fatal error: Call to a member function xpath() on boolean in /home/xx/www/xx.com/www/xx.com/page13/index.php on line 194