Starting that new blog on your website for 2016? Then the MicroBlog stack might be exactly what you’re looking for! This is a useful new stack for quickly deploying a basic blog. MicroBlog lifts content from the Tumblr micro-blogging service. This stack will pull-in your most recent Tumblr posts seamlessly into your webpage. You can create new blog posts through the Tumblr website, via email or SMS or any of the existing Tumblr apps. This gives you the freedom to blog about anything, from anywhere. Exactly what blogging should be about!
Key features of MicroBlog:
- It’s simple to setup, no complicated code to wrangle with or ugly iFrames to spoil your website appearance
- Control how many of your most recent posts are displayed, so you can display just one on a landing page or multiple on a dedicated blog page
- Precisely customise the date format of your blog posts shown
- The option to display some dummy content in RapidWeaver preview, so you can see what you blog would look like before you publish it live
- Support for regular, photo, audio, video, conversation, link and quote post types
- All titles and headings are fully customisable, making this stack ideally suited for non-English websites or in instances where you simply want to change the terminology displayed
- An optional responsive sidebar to display blog links by title or publication date, plus an RSS subscription modal and links for your readers to submit questions or content of their own
MicroBlog is the same blog addon being used in the new Stacks4Stacks blog. It works with all major web browsers and is mobile-first responsive. We’ve purposefully omitted lots of style settings from this stack, so that it will inherit font styling and colours from your existing RapidWeaver theme; for greater consistency with existing webpages.