Jpeg won't place in "Image" Stack - RW 7.5.7

My first suggestion would be NOT to use the internal resources folder in RW7. RapidWeaver had a lot of issues with the internal resource folder back in RW7. In RW8 they totally reworked it and it works much better.

With Stacks pages and RW7 using resources really didn’t buy you anything, as when you drag an image from resources the stacks plugin will make a copy of it anyway so if you change it in resources you’d have to go any change it any place you used it.

Stacks 4 and RW8 added an additional stack called site image. It won’t show up with RW7 though as it uses the new RW8 resources. That is the new “default” image stack. If you drag an image onto the page (from finder) it will be a site image. If you drag the same image onto a another RW8/S4 page it will use the same image.

With RW7 I’d suggest you just drag the image from finder directly onto the stacks page from finder. If you have a lot of images then you could also look into something called “warehousing” the images. That’s were you manage the images remotely with a stand alone FTP app on the server. Then you would use one of many “warehouse” stacks to link to the image.

If you want to use resources in RW7 then I’d suggest you use one of the “Warehouse” stacks and link to the URL.
Some free stacks for images:
A simple free WH Stack

A very Good donationware image Stack

For most average websites “warehousing” is overkill. But more info can be found here: