Leave menu bar fixed on top when scrolled

(B Andrews) #1

www.quanticeng.com

Needing help on figuring out how to get the navigation bar to scroll up and stop at top of page while continuing to scroll. I don’t know enough to be able to know which direction to go. How do I go about doing this using html/css? I’m using rapidweaver 5.

(Rob D) #2

Pin by Big White Duck should do that for you.

(Jason Bostick) #3

I don’t know if Pin can do it if the menu isn’t it’s own stack (like Top Bar, for example).

(Robert Ziebol 🖖🏼) #4

You are going to have to change themes which have that as an option. Pin nor any other stack will do what you want.

(Rob D) #5

Sure, you need to put a menu stack (or code) inside Pin. I use this system with Volcano theme.

(Pedro Perdomo M.) #6

Hi Bob, as far as I know, you have that option on Volcano: Title Bar Layout “Fixed or Scrolling”. I think PIN is not required.

Best

(Tomal Khan) #7

If you are not interested in Volcano theme then you can search for a video tutorial or visit the FAQ in here http://rapidweaverfaq.org/

(Rob D) #8

Hi, Pedro. Yeah, I know that, but on some specific pages I need an extra menu that is not supposed to be seen on most pages (something like an internal menu for one specific section of the site). That’s where I use Pin with an additional menu in it.

(Pedro Perdomo M.) #9

Of course Bob, excellent resource in this situation

Best

(Howard Luks) #10

Foundation Top Bar has the option to keep menu bar sticky when scrolling