Modifying the size of pre-set content boxes an Allegro-themed site?

I’m totally new to RapidWeaver, and know absolutely zip about html code. I’m guessing that that’s the only way to modify the sizes of the ready-made content “boxes” on a theme’s page. I’m looking for a way to customize a theme by changing the pre-set sizes of slogan, header, footer, body, etc? Am I asking for too much?

James,

Welcome - and, No, you’re not asking too much.

You’ll likely want to do some research using resources like these:

http://www.webkarnage.net/rapidweaving/theme_ed/theme_ed.html
http://seydesign.com/support/FAQ/?show=howdoimodifymytheme
http://help.realmacsoftware.com/hc/en-us/articles/200167061-Getting-Started-with-RapidWeaver-6

To some extent it will depend on which Theme you are using…

Suggest you consult the manual (often online) of the Theme you’ve chosen to work with and see what’s modifiable using its own settings; and what has to be done best with custom CSS. We’ll be happy to help you here. Good luck!

Hi Mark, I’m using the Allegro theme right now. I wasn’t able to locate a manual for this theme that would give me any insight into modifying the presets. I did look into some of the coding websites you mentioned, but since this is a one-off project, I don’t know just how deep I want to get into the nuts and bolts of web design. Perhaps someone out there can suggest some appropriate code for this? Thanks for the quick response and help so far.

Try inserting these into the css under meta tags and html code
Just play with changing text size either em or px or % - line heights may also need changing - you can play with the other settings to see the result e.g. change border-right to 2px
If you mess up just delete the code
Changing sizes can affect the design e.g. when you go responsive or could affect the menu
You control this all your own risk - just delete as i said above if it doesn’t work
I copied these from the theme using firefox’s firebug addon, you can delete the lines you do not need

header h1#title {
border-right: 1px solid;
float: left;
font-size: 24px;
line-height: 1em;
margin: 67px 0 0;
padding-right: 30px;
}

header h2#slogan {
float: none;
font-size: 16px;
font-weight: lighter;
line-height: 1em;
margin: 92px auto 0;
text-align: center;
}

body {
background: transparent none repeat scroll 0 0;
border: 0 none;
font-size: 100%;
margin: 0;
outline: 0 none;
padding: 0;
vertical-align: baseline;
}

footer #left {
float: left;
font-family: Georgia;
font-size: 0.75em;
font-style: italic;
line-height: 16px;
margin-top: 44px;
text-align: left;
}

this was not from the allegro pro just allegro

Allegro (Pro) Theme style options are here.

I suspect that you’ll also find the developer, Brandon, responsive and keen to help :smile:

All of the above allow you you modify the header slogan text and footer sizes I checked as I have the Allegro theme, I did check the Allegro pro theme on the live website , I don’t believe the css has changed didn’t check to deep
The allegro theme allows you to change the text from 12, 13 and 14 within the body, that’s about it