Mystery Code in Inspector CSS Tab?

I found some code in the Inspector CSS code section of my page. I may have put it there, honestly I can’t remember (wait until you get to be my age!). Anyway, can you clue me into what it might do? I do not see any change if I remove the code.

Here’s the code:

-moz-box-shadow: 0px 1px 0px 0px #f0f7fa;
-webkit-box-shadow: 0px 1px 0px 0px #f0f7fa;
box-shadow: 0px 1px 0px 0px #f0f7fa;
background:-webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0.05, #33bdef), color-stop(1, #019ad2));
background:-moz-linear-gradient(top, #33bdef 5%, #019ad2 100%);
background:-webkit-linear-gradient(top, #33bdef 5%, #019ad2 100%);
background:-o-linear-gradient(top, #33bdef 5%, #019ad2 100%);
background:-ms-linear-gradient(top, #33bdef 5%, #019ad2 100%);
background:linear-gradient(to bottom, #33bdef 5%, #019ad2 100%);
filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr='#33bdef', endColorstr='#019ad2',GradientType=0);
background-color:#33bdef;
-moz-border-radius:6px;
-webkit-border-radius:6px;
border-radius:6px;
border:1px solid #057fd0;
display:inline-block;
cursor:pointer;
color:#ffffff;
font-family:Arial;
font-size:15px;
font-weight:bold;
padding:6px 24px;
text-decoration:none;
text-shadow:0px -1px 0px #5b6178;

}
.myButton:hover {
background:-webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0.05, #019ad2), color-stop(1, #33bdef));
background:-moz-linear-gradient(top, #019ad2 5%, #33bdef 100%);
background:-webkit-linear-gradient(top, #019ad2 5%, #33bdef 100%);
background:-o-linear-gradient(top, #019ad2 5%, #33bdef 100%);
background:-ms-linear-gradient(top, #019ad2 5%, #33bdef 100%);
background:linear-gradient(to bottom, #019ad2 5%, #33bdef 100%);
filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr=‘#019ad2’, endColorstr=‘#33bdef’,GradientType=0);
background-color:#019ad2;
}
.myButton:active {
position:relative;
top:1px;
}

Looks like it’s some styling for a button of some sorts. Ring any bells?

If you don’t see any change when removing the code, it’s possible that it is for an element that you’ve since deleted.
You’ve got two colour codes that make up a gradient, which might help narrow things down. As Rob says, it seems to be targeting a button (maybe a menu?)

Other than what’s been said above, without an URL it would be impossible to help ID what might be using that class.

Might want to consider commenting your CSS in the future.
Surround comments with /* this is a comment CSS*/.

https://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/comments-in-css/https://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/comments-in-css/

2 Likes

http://thriftycabinets.com

It’s possible the code was given to me by Will Woodgate to address some issue I was having with a button stack I was using. I’m sure I have since abandoned that stack for another button stack. I’m going to remove the code but save it in my project notes just in case.

I did not find any reference to the class myButton in the source code. The stuff above that(grayed background) in your section above, has no selector assign to it in the listing above. I don’t think it’s doing anything.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.