Need to customize Tiger theme

So a few questions;
I’m new to RW and developing a basic site. Right now it is using Tiger & I need to know 2 things.

1. Need to replace the header and button graphics. I haven’t been successful at changing the CSS or displacing it using the code section.
  2. What is the difference between Tiger and Tiger Pop?

For the button graphics, I have no solution, perhaps later :wink:
Put your image in the Resource and this code in CSS, you can play with the values and top, bottom, center etc.

#pageHeader { background: url(%resource(evening.jpeg)%); background-position: center; height: 171px; border-bottom: 0px; }

The difference is in the menu, in the sub pages.

Tiger

Tiger Pop

For the navigation you can use this code in CSS, change the color.
But, it’s not very beautiful. Perhaps choose better another theme :wink:

#navcontainer #current { background:grey; }

#navcontainer a:hover { background:grey; }

Oscar;
Thank You Very Much.

How could I make the Button be a graphic from resource?

Just thought of this this morning – can I move the breadcrumbs to the bottom?

Put an image in resources, ca. 200px x 25px and this code to #navcontainer #current

… and I don’t see breadcrumbs in this theme!

#navcontainer #current { background: url(%resource(your_image.jpg)%) no-repeat; }

@dapenguin

I forgot. For all states of the menu using these codes in CSS.

#navcontainer #current { background: url(%resource(your_image.jpg)%) no-repeat; }

#navcontainer a:hover { background: url(%resource(your_image.jpg)%) no-repeat; }

#navcontainer a { background: url(%resource(your_image.jpg)%) no-repeat; }

So I put this on each page or the global css??

Figured it out - went with global :dancer:

Global would save you a bunch of headaches unless yo wish to sty;e your nav differently for different areas…

Brad

NA it caused a bunch but it was better :cold_sweat:

To get it (global) to work with the desired results I had to cut & paste and then modify a bunch of stuff from the CSS. Then RW crashed so I had to do it over again - o well :smile_cat:

I’m going to bed now :sleepy:

@dapenguin

Try this instead for global

`#navcontainer #current {
background: url(%resource(your_image.jpg)%) no-repeat; !important;
}

#navcontainer a:hover {
}

#navcontainer a {
}`

If you are copying from this message, make sure you paste it in the global css area using Edot -> Paste as plain text so that no formatting is retained and causes problems. You can also afterwards, select the CSS and go to File -> Ignore formatting…

Also, the your_image.jpg must be in the root of the Resources area or if you add them to a sub-folder in Resources then you have to add that to the path in the css.

HTH
Brad

@dapenguin

If you put it globally, you have it in all sides equal. Works for me without problems!
You can still have other menus on certain pages. Look page 3 in demo.
I tested everything with me, works very well.
Look here!

There is an additional code, now it’s perfect. I put it to the other codes, in global CSS.

#navcontainer .currentAncestor { background: url(%resource(your_image.jpg)%) no-repeat; }

@Turtle
Hello Brad
For me, !important is not necessary.
Look here!

1 Like