Parent Menu Items that do not link to anything

Thanks @willwood that explains that “disable parent links” option very well indeed.

Tim

1 Like

@Kurt, no I didn’t find a way to “disable my parent links”. Now that I’ve read @willwood 's comments/explanations, I can see that I should go back to what I had done originally. That is, when you clicked on the parent link instead of one of the sublinks, a page come up saying "You can click on one of the pages in the drop down menu that appears when you hover over the main menu item or use one of the links here:
About GVRDC
Membership
Year End Awards

From what @willwood said, this should be a good solution. I happen to be using one of his themes.

Mary

Also for those parent pages, I chose to Override the default settings for Title, Slogan, and footer…so basically a “blank” page.

Mary

I’ve been trying to get the Joe Workman snippet working all day - but no, nothing at all happens. Tried it with both an offsite and a stacks page, no good.

I did find another solution @neelyrobert
I am now using the No Link stack by Marathia to disable top menu items and make them into placeholders. Seems to work just fine!

1 Like

Hi guys I’m using the NoLink stack from Jeroen (Marathia) on my website http://www.bensaglobaltrading.com and working fine. It also work fine on child-level navigation and 2nd child-level introducing some code. If you know some code would give you a total different way of working and see things.
Apart of this Jeroen is a great support, always ready to sort you out 24/7.

1 Like