Permalinnk is it a must

(Graham Smith) #1

Hi All is Permalinnk necessary for the blog to work or is there an alternative free option
Cheers Graham

(Michael Frankland) #2

No it’s not necessary - you can run all the blog posts on one long page. No problem with that.

The permalink is just if people want to setup a page per post (which is usually advised for SEO - getting more content pages on your site).

(Graham Smith) #3

Thank you kindly Sir can it be replaced by diqus and how would I do that if it can be

(Michael Frankland) #4

Disqus is optional (can switch it on and off in the Blog settings) - but currently I think it’s the only commenting option for the RapidWeaver Blog page type

(Graham Smith) #5

Many thanks, I am getting somewhere now but the blogs arn’t publishing on the post page I am getting https://dernalandscapes.me.uk/page-3/page-4/
https://www.froala.com/wysiwyg-editor?k=e I don’t have froala on my mac so puzzled
Graham

(Joe Workman) #6

Check for updates. I fixed that a few weeks ago.

(Graham Smith) #7

Thanks for your reply jo is there an auto update system in place I am getting a little confused and probably need to view more tutorials but I also get no settings and something about prett url’s how do I deal with this,

(Joe Workman) #8

(Graham Smith) #9

Thanks Jo all updated however I keep getting this alert coming up and when I click the save button on post it returns as error I think it must be related to your blog layout stacks, as it posts on that but not on mine so where and how do i configure the setting to make it my own also when I drag an image to the upload cloud it fills the entire page and just shows the the image text as the page title

(Graham Smith) #10

This is also a puzzle as I back track through the settings on your Total CMS implementation part 3 The edit form page and post view page are non existent I have scoured all the options looking for this but too avail what am i doing wrong.
I have managed to get a feed post on my blog page but no images as yet.

Could it be that I have uploded the cms data to the wrong location, where exactly should I place it Please
Graham**strong text**

(Joe Workman) #11

Please watch this…

(Graham Smith) #12

Hi Joe done everthing you said but the all important preview is still throwing up error after preview

the light box is showing 160+ problems.
I have set the Pretty url l into the .htaccess filemy urls are all the same my host server has srt the redirectfor me I have gone no www. and the same problem persists If you could take a lookat my website it https://dernalandscapes.me.uk I have left the admin and blog post visible

(Joe Workman) #13

I am not sure what that lightbox error is coming from. That is not from Total CMS or any of my products. Maybe the theme?

(Joe Workman) #14

When I click on the blog post page in your site, there is an error at the top of the page. Did you read the FAQ that this error links to?

(Graham Smith) #15

JoeI have read them and read them and red them yes the last one was red because that is how i feel blood red mad, frustrated, confused and completely nonplused , what is so complicated . I have followed your guide lines I think to the Letter but there is obviously a gremlin,devil call it what you will that is bent on stoping me from doing this

(Graham Smith) #16

There is no theme only foundation I am getting realy frustrated this is taking up too much of my time, very tempted to ditch this and go for word press which on a free account worked perfectly, However as a foundation fan I dont want to go down that route I simply just want it to work!
how big an ask is that?
As a guy who knows his way around the web Perhaps you could sort this out on a one to one basis

Here is a screen shot of the blog post page that shows it can find the file in Preview Mode but just returns error when submitted

Graham

(Graham Smith) #17

Jo jo was man who thought he was a loner remember the beatles hey Jo
Well hey Jo you are ignoring me its not nice
Then there is the great Jimi Hendrix and hey Joe.
All i want to do is get a blog going, my host set me up with word Press for free but I didn’t like it I paid £100 smackers for this but your most important page aint working I have deleted all the files and started from scratch my host has redirected both my main site and my sub domain to https, no www
and whilst i can publish edit my files on line the post-permalink still shows error and guess what NOTHING IS SET. help me or refund that’s all I can say. Talk about Godaddy what’s going on here.

Just so you know I am on a 27 inch Mac just bought and I am a rapid weaver fan well almost was Some of you guys Nick cates included Don’t want to go the extra mile. I am trying to be nice but after day after day trying to sort what should be simple , my wife wants a divorce you know what I-am saying In my business if something is wrong I fix it

(scott williams) #18

You need to very carefully watch the video joe posted above.
It’s not difficult but you can not miss a few steps.

1. Your url setting in RW must exactly match your true url
  2. You MUST preview the blog post page and hit the green send button when the modal windows appears. That sets the paths in the blog.

There is not a problem with TotalCMS hundreds(thousands?) of people use it, you just need to follow the steps.

(Joe Workman) #19

I am not ignoring you. My kids needed a father this weekend. There was no time for work. Hopefully you understand that. I am about to take my kids to school right now. I will review what you have sent here and try to get back to you today.

Sorry that your wife wants a divorce.

(Graham Smith) #20

Thank You Scott and Jo For getting back to me, I too am back to work so now have less time to work on this, What seems very simple on the video doesn’t seem to work for me. If my understanding is correct a lightbox usually comes up with a black background , it doesn’t for me it pops up with looking like this and when Submit is pressed it returns error

My web hosting guys have set up redirects to https.
and I have used the exact urls given to me son Non plussed