Pictures won't show in view mode with Nick Cates Depth Theme - But it worked before today - Does anyone know how to fix this?

I would assume he purchased Depth in order to help keep people updated and not to simply kill off the product otherwise why spend the money on it, right? Just my perspective.

Hello -

1. Depth was working for me just fine for months.
  2. After attempting to fix an issue (in Rapid Weaver using the Depth theme) I noticed the pics using the parallax feature showed only in the edit mode in Rapid Weaver, but not in the view mode.
  3. I only noticed this after I republished the website with corrections, and noticed the pics using the parallax feature were missing. Here is a link so you can see the site: http://tastebuds-personal-chef-service.com

Any help is appreciatedā€¦

This link isnā€™t correct but I checked the previous one and see the many gaps. Strange issue. 3 questions:

1. What was the issue you were trying to fix before it stopped working?
  2. How were the pictures added originally - warehouse or drag and drop?
  3. Do the images re-appear when you switch the parallax feature off?

Yep, not disagreeing with you. I read the post another way, but thatā€™s just my take. Hopefully, for the sake of Depth users, it will get the support it seems to need. I should add, Iā€™ve no skin in this game, I was just advising the OP as I saw it.

Thanks for your response!

1. Actually, Safari 14 had significant issues in scrolling with the parallax feature. Worked perfectly try on earlier versions of Safari.
  2. I dragged the pics into the Depth Section image 1X on the Page configuration
  3. The images do not reappear with the parallax feature turned off.

Thanks!!

There will be no long term support for Depth. While I will be re-releasing and supporting all other stacks from NCD, Depth will not be one.

As a nice gesture, I offered to help get this update out to existing users. However, I have not received the fix in order to do so. Once I do receive a fix, I will happily email it to all users with a note that this will be the very last update to the product.

I am sorry for the bad news.

Yes Iā€™m aware of the Safari 14 parallax issues. This was generously fixed by @Elixir - you will need that update if you donā€™t have it already.

I canā€™t imagine what is causing these images to disappear in preview mode however. I notice your site appears to be using Depth Theme 1.1.1 but the last version Iā€™m aware of is 1.0.9. - another oddity.

Ok Joe! Thanks!!

"Let the Word break over your heart and mind again and again as the years go by, and imperceptibly there will come great changes in your attitude, and outlook, and conduct.ā€ -Whitney

Here is a fix that seems to at least add the images back until I can corral a better one (if I can).

.depth_image.jarallax {
position: absolute;
top: 0;
bottom: 0;
left: 0;
right: 0;
}

I also see that you have some text inside of a class setting. I donā€™t know Depth at all but I am pretty sure that text should be removed from those settings in the Depth stacks. It may not be causing issues, but I would remove that.

CleanShot 2020-10-14 at 09.10.44

Thank you!

Sorry for being a ā€˜smartarxxā€™ here, but if you donā€™t see any pictures, isnā€™t that the problem? :rofl:. but if they appear, how can they be missing? OK I know what you mean, but your choice of words appealed to my warped sense of humourā€¦ Iā€™ll see myself out- Thank Youā€¦

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.