Pinned Tab Icon Feature in RW 7.4?

Wondering how to make the pinned tab icon work. I’m close, but not there. I think I need info about creating the svg file correctly.

Use this site to generate all your fav icons, it will give you the code to paste into the head of your site and all the icons/settings for you to upload to your server.

The link is missing :slight_smile:

I want to use the new Pinned Tab Icon feature in RW 7.4.

Opps, here’s the link http://realfavicongenerator.net/

1 Like

I need to say again, I want to make the new Pinned Tab Icon feature in RW 7.4 work. I changed my post title to better express this.

That’s EXACTLY what the link I posted does, it creates all the icons for iOS, windows, android and… the Safari one.
But…
The only way you can use it (RW doesn’t support anything beyond 1 webclip and 1 favicon) is to place it and the others generated by the above site directly on your server and to place the supplied code in the head(settings>code) of your site.

2 Likes

Rapid Weaver 7.4 has a feature in the general section to add pinned tab icons just as you add favicons and web icons.

What exactly is a pinned tab icon?

Look at my photos above.

OK, I get you now, I didn’t realise they had into’d it in RW. I haven’t used the built-in stuff in a while. Apple are very specific about the format that the pinned tab icon should take, I’d google it if I was you.

It needs to be an svg file, and that’s what I created, but it does not work. That’s why I wrote here to see if I could get help making it work.

It is a very peculiar thing. Read this link about what the icon factory did. http://blog.iconfactory.com/2015/11/the-new-favicon/ Sometimes you need to clear out the cache and reload it.

@jenkman, Thanks for the info. Yes it is true that the history (or cache) needs to be cleared to update and see the newly uploaded pinned tab icon. That was not my problem, but the link you shared did give me the clues to fix my SVG file to make it work. The SVG image needs to be one vector shape. I first had it as text laid on top of a black filled circle. That only showed the circle when viewed as a pinned tab icon in Safari. I converted the text to curves and cut the curves out of the black filled circle. That works! The fill color is added in RW 7.4.

3 Likes