Problem with Site Resources

Since upgrading to RW 8.2.1 and trying to use Site Resources: Copy into the document option, I get the following error (example):
“Couldn’t save a sandwich of type “Resource”, because duplicating a file from /Users/Steve/Dropbox/RW Sites/RFYL/Small-sided Tournaments/TASTER LEAGUE FIXTURES 22ND AND 23RD JUNE.xlsx to /var/folders/sh/_038zpkd5mnckc5vvdh7zylh0000gn/T/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver8/TemporaryItems/(A Document Being Saved By RapidWeaver 8)/RFYL.rw8/Resources/5D716F3F-CDDE-4C1C-950A-87880AF4CB77/TASTER LEAGUE FIXTURES 22ND AND 23RD JUNE.xlsx failed with an underlying error of Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=513 ““TASTER LEAGUE FIXTURES 22ND AND 23RD JUNE.xlsx” couldn’t be copied because you don’t have permission to access “5D716F3F-CDDE-4C1C-950A-87880AF4CB77”.” UserInfo={NSSourceFilePathErrorKey=/Users/Steve/Dropbox/RW Sites/RFYL/Small-sided Tournaments/TASTER LEAGUE FIXTURES 22ND AND 23RD JUNE.xlsx, NSUserStringVariant=(
Copy
), NSDestinationFilePath=/var/folders/sh/_038zpkd5mnckc5vvdh7zylh0000gn/T/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver8/TemporaryItems/(A Document Being Saved By RapidWeaver 8)/RFYL.rw8/Resources/5D716F3F-CDDE-4C1C-950A-87880AF4CB77/TASTER LEAGUE FIXTURES 22ND AND 23RD JUNE.xlsx, NSFilePath=/Users/Steve/Dropbox/RW Sites/RFYL/Small-sided Tournaments/TASTER LEAGUE FIXTURES 22ND AND 23RD JUNE.xlsx, NSUnderlyingError=0x60000b455620 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=1 “Operation not permitted”}}”

I have had to revert to the ‘leave in place’ option, but this causes me a lot of work as I have to go onto the server and manually copy the files into the correct location.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Not seeing anything like that. Hard to tell for sure but looks like you’re using Dropbox for the project? Have you tried saving your project locally first?

Other than that, I would suggest contacting Realmac Software Support.

Hi Doug - thanks for your reply.

I have always used DropBox for my RW projects (for many reasons!) and have never had a problem before. I don’t believe that it is DropBox that is the problem here though as I certainly have full permissions on this folder.

Will refer this on to RW support, as you suggest.

Have a great day!

Steve

I would still try saving locally first. It would help rule out one variable and might help realmac support debug the issue. Just do a “save as” and select a local folder.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.