Error when saving RW 8.5.1

Hello all - I am experiencing an error with RW when trying to save and I found on this forum where somebody else has already asked about the same problem but they never received an answer.

Is there an escalation process when the forum members are not able to help resolve a technical issue?

Below is the text from my error.

Thanks,
Mike

Couldn’t save a sandwich of type “Resource”, because duplicating a file from /Users/mleone/Desktop/DMR Montana web site files/Sample codeplugs/Anytone Sample Codeplugs/Anytone 578 MT and NM 200325.rdt to /var/folders/9h/bh2ggj9d68l1wh6tv16vs0k40000gn/T/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver8/TemporaryItems/(A Document Being Saved By RapidWeaver 8)/DMR Montana.rw8/Resources/F934E2C8-9841-42B4-878B-FDC8FDA74D42/Anytone 578 MT and NM 200325.rdt failed with an underlying error of Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=513 ““Anytone 578 MT and NM 200325.rdt” couldn’t be copied because you don’t have permission to access “F934E2C8-9841-42B4-878B-FDC8FDA74D42”.” UserInfo={NSSourceFilePathErrorKey=/Users/mleone/Desktop/DMR Montana web site files/Sample codeplugs/Anytone Sample Codeplugs/Anytone 578 MT and NM 200325.rdt, NSUserStringVariant=(
Copy
), NSDestinationFilePath=/var/folders/9h/bh2ggj9d68l1wh6tv16vs0k40000gn/T/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver8/TemporaryItems/(A Document Being Saved By RapidWeaver 8)/DMR Montana.rw8/Resources/F934E2C8-9841-42B4-878B-FDC8FDA74D42/Anytone 578 MT and NM 200325.rdt, NSFilePath=/Users/mleone/Desktop/DMR Montana web site files/Sample codeplugs/Anytone Sample Codeplugs/Anytone 578 MT and NM 200325.rdt, NSUnderlyingError=0x6000032ca7c0 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=1 “Operation not permitted”}}

@dan

Did you get this resolved? I had the same error today for the first time. So far have been unable to replicate even though I opened the same (unsaved) project and replicated the changes made previously.

I have not. Am still trying things as I think of them but with no success in resolving the problem.

The error is with files that I have made a part of a File Download page.
-I started over from scratch with the web site that I started three years ago with RapidWeaver.
-I tightened up the file names and changed the file extensions. This is with just two of the files I want to make available to download. I left the rest of the files off the site during this troubleshooting exercise.

Thinking that the problem is with the Mac or MacOS:
-Under Security & Privacy, I gave RapidWeaver Full Disk Access.
-I turned off System Integrity Protection. This let me delete the files and folders referenced in the error message. Given that it says the problem is with file permissions, I thought this would let RW rebuild that temp area without the file permission errors. It did rebuild but I still get the error message.

None of the above has changed the problem, I still have it. My next step is to delete RW and install it again.

I left RW with Full Disk Access but I turned back on System Integrity Protection.

Looks like a tricky one. For me, the issue happened once and so far not again - with the same project or any other. Wish you luck!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.