Rapid Weaver Classroom Worried about Ryan SMITH

It seems that no one has heard from Ryan and RWC in months? Ryan is a good guy and live(d) close to me. I believe he has had some health problems and I would like to check on him if anyone has ANY information. Thanks! Bye R@y

3 Likes

Hi @raymackt, I appreciate you checking-in on me! This is the first time I’ve visited the forums in quite a while, and it’s crazy that I’ve come across this post from you the same day! I actually came here to share a video update that I put together, so this seems like the perfect place to do that. As I have been MIA for a while, I wanted to share a bit about what’s been going on, and what I’m planning for RapidWeaver Classroom.

A Message from Ryan - RapidWeaver Classroom

Thanks again, Ray, and I’m going to follow-up with you by email right away!

17 Likes

Yeah! Great to hear from you Ryan. Welcome back!

And thanks for sharing such a personal video about what’s been going on. Those are some pretty profound events. I’m really impressed you’ve passed through all that and come out the other side in mostly one piece. Here’s hoping that the next few years will be a lot less eventful.

Sometimes life dishes up a huge helping of terrible and it’s all that you can do to stay alive and hold your family together.

I just want to extend a offer… if you need someone to talk to about all this, please don’t hesitate to lean on me. Sometimes when life is difficult, simply telling someone else what’s happening can help make things feel less overwhelming.

I’m saying this publicly because this offer is open to any of my RW colleagues.

I grew up in poverty. I’ve seen drugs, addiction, and crime up close. I’ve suffered from chronic pain for over 20 years and serious health issues my entire life. Please know that you can tell me anything – I’m a difficult person to shock or embarrass. My door is open.

Isaiah

13 Likes

Ryan, just one word: “Respect”.
I wish you and your family a great 2020!

Glad to hear from you, Ryan :grinning:. Hope your health is growing conciously more and more, step by step.Take the time for that.
I can’t wait to have you back on rapidweaverclassroom.com.

Ryan, credit Doug Bennett with tracking you down! I was delighted to hear your familiar voice when I called, and doubly delighted to hear it again on the video this morning!

Hope to hear from you by e-mail, soon!

Blessings to you and yours for the new year! Bye R@y

Really glad to hear that you and your family are doing well, Brian. As a teacher myself, I really appreciate your commitment to helping learners understand more of what interests them; your lessons were a godsend to me when I started with Rapidweaver. I wish you pax et bonum as you travel your professional path, and I look forward to learning more from you.

Hey @ryanbsmith, so sorry to hear about your struggles over the last few years, I had no idea :frowning:

Appreciate you being a big part of the RapidWeaver community, and if you ever need anything please just get in-touch. Always happy to help however we can.

Thanks again, and here’s to a better 2020 and beyond!

Cheers
Dan

1 Like

@ryanbsmith Blessings to you and your family! Monica

Great to see you back sir!

-Greg

Great to see you back, Ryan! All the best to you!

First of all, Ryan, I am so sorry for your devastating loss.

As someone with a autoimmune disorder (SLE), I can identify with what you are describing.
The most important thing is to listen to your body & rest when it tells you.
Wishing you & your family, a happy & healthy 2020.

With good wishes,

Ros

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.