Rapidweaver link dialog

Can anyone give me a few pointers about the advanced features of the Rapidweaver link dialog? I’ve long wondered how to get it to trigger multiple events on a click, activating css classes and javascript functions, which it seems designed to do. But I’ve not been able to find any documentation or tutorials for it. What should go in the Name/Value pairs? How does one make these work?

(Also, has its orange button now disappeared from the Rapidweaver main window?)

From what I remember, the advanced settings allow you to set title, rel, class and id.

Especially the ID is handy. Give a link a unique ID and then add a javascript handler to the page (Page Inspector → HTML Code Tab → JavaScript). This allows you to do whatever you want to do with a click on that button, eg. toggling visibility or adding classes.

Demo: Button Demo

Setting ID for a link / button:
CleanShot 2021-07-09 at 09.50.44

Adding some CSS for the action:
CleanShot 2021-07-09 at 09.48.27

Adding a click handler for the link (toggling the class “boldMessage” and the visibility of the message):

4 Likes

Perfect! Toggling visibility is exactly what I want to do, and being able to specify an id in this way — without having to wrap the link in html — is what I was hoping to hear!

1 Like

Glad I could help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.