Recommendation For Download Stack

Thanks for your work-around suggestion Matthew. I’ve gone a different route because I was still unsure how zipping would solve the problem with having a button to activate the download.

I’d still have to trigger the download somehow right?
Cheers,
Craig

No. Your visitor’s browser will simply download the ZIP file. No need for you to do anything special. Experiment and give it a try for a test.

1 Like

You’re right, you can’t speak for BWD :wink:ButtonPlus works in any theme not just Foundation 1

I understand that it works in any theme, I have used it that way myself. To focus back on the original question: would Button Plus pass along the download attribute that Flat Button, Sweet Button or Foundation 1 Button do not.

It doesn’t seem to and I’ve moved on to another solution for the time being, but it would still be good to know for future reference if there’s any fairly easy way to do it.

I must have an older version (1.5.8), not sure why it’s not updating for me. Or are we talking about another button stack? It’s named FoundationButtonPlus.stack in the stacks library.

I get a warning screen unless I have site styles:

2020-08-17_13-02-02

If it’s the same one I’m talking about it will not pass any attributes from the link dialog (uses the -href option)

It looks like we are talking about the same stack and version from the meta tags:

ButtonPlus went to version 2 in just over 3 1/2 years ago (Feb 10 2017) so you are only slightly out of date :slight_smile:

BP2 was a fresh download and the version you show was deprecated.

I have button plus 2 as well. The meta tag is from the site in question and appear to be the older button plus(1.58).

The button that does the download looks to be the older button:

That’s why I said that it’s an old Foundation 1 addon stack.

It’ looks like the newer ButtonPlus 2 uses href="%id=link -href%" so any attributes from the RW link Dialog are dropped, am I right?

Now the BP2 and BP1 do have an “add data attributes” option, and if you set the name to download and the file name to the data value it should work. I tried it on BP2 and it does work.

F6 button has a similar option called “add custom Attribute” as well as a checkbox to add the download.

ButtonPlus2 absolutely does work for the download attribute, just like it works with any attribute entered directly into its settings - nice and simple.

Here is a little demo of it working : https://apex.d.pr/SyWdLH

I’ve put the image in resources as cross origin restrictions often apply to the download attribute - i.e. make sure that the source is on the same domain as the link.

I think that’s what I said:

It doesn’t however take the attributes from the RapidWeaver link Dialog like the built-in button stack or the Source Button stack.

You are limited to adding a single attribute, the RapidWeaver link Dialog allows you enter as many as you like.

2020-08-17_14-57-21

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.