Roll-Over Image + Video + Lightbox

(Teddy) #1

Hello.

I’ve searched and experimented, but I haven’t figured it out yet, so I thought I’d reach out to the community here.

I would like to have a roll-over image (two images of my choosing) that opens up a Vimeo video in a Lightbox. That’s it.

How would you go about doing this?

(Robert Ziebol 🖖🏼) #2

You could use Joe Workman’s Mask stack inside of an Expose stack. Then in the lightbox of the expose stack, a Vimeo stack.

(Teddy) #3

Thanks for your reply.

I took a look at the Expose stack. I noticed a fluttering effect with the light-boxed Vimeo videos. (I’m running Safari 8.0.6). Seems like a glitch? Also, can the Expose stack’s “X” be adjusted to be larger and with a different color?

It’d be great if these stacks had demos like stacks4stacks does, so we could run tests to see if a product works before purchasing!

(Teddy) #4

So Will Woodgate’s HoverBox and TopBox did the trick and Will was kind enough to take me through the set up.

In case anyone else ends up searching for a solution, this is what worked for me. The TopBox stack is placed outside of the HoverBox stack. I set a custom trigger in TopBox. In the HoverBox settings, I set the link to # and, within the custom attributes, add a class with the TopBox’s custom trigger name. Works like a charm.

Thanks again, Will! Phenomenal customer service – especially considering I was using the demo versions, so I wasn’t technically a customer yet. Heading over to stacks4stacks.com to change that.