RW Blog / RSS feed

Hi Folks,
I’m new to RW8 and am having trouble with the RW Blog plugin and producing an RSS feed from it.
I’ve googled and tried to find any reference to it in a manual / knowledge base, but with no luck…

The page is here.

The page itself is fine - but clicking on the RSS doesn’t work - it tries to take me to FaceBook here!

How do I set this up correctly please?

Many thanks!
Mike

Works for me. I’ve got an RSS extension installed in Chrome and clicking that brings up the expected window - see attached.

Rob

Many thanks - I’ve downloaded a RSS widget for Safari now!

I’m trying to have the feed show on my home page in RSS Widget 2 - with the feed url of http://www.singability.com/blog-2/files/feed.xml My home page is www.singability.com

it’s showing up, but only one post. I don’t suppose you’ve any idea what I"m doing wrong?!

I don’t have that RSS stack I’m afraid.

One thing I would suggest though. Check the size and format of your card images on the home page. I thought they were loading slowly and dug into one of them - it’s a 12.5MB PNG. Something like that should be a JPG and about 50K in size. Reducing the file sizes of your images will really help page load times.

Rob

1 Like

Hi Rob,
many thanks for the advice - I’ve gone through and compressed (I think) all the images, so it loads faster now - my last software optimised images automatically, so I just forgot that was a thing!

Do you think that the issue is with that RSS plugin on the home page then, rather than the blog itself?
If so - which RSS plugin would you recommend? (RSS widget 2 isn’t developed / supported any more - I used it cos it was free!

Thanks again!

I think it was that specific stack. I’ve just tried with NewsGrid and all is fine…

Good to hear. I was going to suggest Social Stream - see attached.

Rob

I think that’s by the same people?
For some reason, I’m still not getting the full RSS stream on the Stack - I added another post and that’s not there yet - does it take a while for them to get through the system or is it a symptom that I’m doing something wrong?

Social Stream does look good though!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.