RW7 upgrade gone wrong - can anyone help please

(Russell Warner) #1

Hi there,

finally have a bit of down time and upgraded everything included the acclaim theme.

I have done a few updates to the site and went to upload without testing (i know!!) and the site just hangs

www.gaht.ch is where I am having problems

Also when exporting is says performing non optimised export - but it gives me no ideas how I could optimise them?? Health check is fine

Any things I should do to see where the problems is, I would be very greatful

Thanks

Russell

(Jannis from inStacks Software) #2

Hi Russel,

please check your JavaScript coding there, this has wrong ’ and " characters (aka smart quotes).

var menuBottom = "<a class='mmenu-social fa fa-envelope' href=‘#’></a>" + 
"<a class='mmenu-social fa fa-twitter' href=‘#’></a>"
+ 
"<a class='mmenu-social fa fa-facebook' href=‘https://www.facebook.com/GolfHeidentalTrimbach/
’></a>"

Cheers, Jannis
inStacks Software

(Russell Warner) #3

Thanks for that, thought that had all been deleted, anyway its gone now, but still the same issue on the homepage?

(Russell Warner) #4

Managed to get the RW6 site back up and running, so think I will be sticking with that for a while. Shame, thought the publishing worked well.

However it appears swapping over from one to another isn’t as easy as they make out

(Jannis from inStacks Software) #5

I have seen additional JS errors in the theme. So I don’t think it is a RW issue.

(Russell Warner) #6

I think it is something to do with the theme. Although I did update it to the latest version. Have sent the developer a mail so see what they say