RW8 stuck copying RW7 add ons

I have just installed RW8 and the popup dialogue box stating it is copying RW7 add ons has been stuck with the blue bar on about 20% for the past 20 minutes. How long should it take? It seems pretty stuck to me…

I suggest quitting RW (force quit if you have to), restart your computer, and move the add ons manually.

I have force quit once already. How do I move the add ons and close the dialogue? It seems to be there by default.

It took quite a long time on my computer as well. Let it run…

My conversion went fine here… interesting… My “conversion” took no time at all (less than a minute)… But then, I don’t have a TON of add ons. Apologies if my suggestion was in error…

Ditto the experience of Greg. Seemed like no time to convert. I do have a lot of stacks.

Just give it some time. In my case, it took RW about 11 minutes to copy all addons. Especially in the beginning, it looks like there is no progress, but after few minutes, it starts moving.

Depends how many you have and how fast your Mac/disk is really.

You can do it manually if you’d prefer, here’s some help docs on how to do it…

Hope that helps.

Thanks everyone. It took about 90 minutes but is working now. There aren’t that many add ons and the iMac is fairly new so I’ve no idea why it took that long…

Just out of curiosity, do you have an interesting hard drive setup? Like maybe two different hard drives? Or maybe formatted in an interesting way (like case-sensitive filesystem)?

I have about 60 stacks but very few themes and like I said above, took less than a minute. I really wasn’t paying attention put seemed like less than 30 secs. I do have an SSD but doubt that would speed things up too much. 90 minutes is very long…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.