Stack list of project?

(Phill) #1

I did a project with RapidWeaver for a client of mine, I want to move the file so that he had made his changes, I wanted to know if there is a way to automatically review the list of the stack used for the project, so that my client has the same functionality of me?

Thanks for your help

(Brad Halstead) #2

Hi @Phill, currently there is no automatic method, although it would be nice.

If you’re using Stacks 3.x you can designate a new Folder and copy each stack you use in a project so that you can quickly access them, but you will have to go through each page to determine what you have used. I believe @joeworkman did a video on this entitled Foundations 1.5 & Stacks 3.

Secondly, if you are using RW 6.3.x (Maybe older) there is a Notes feature, which you could manually write details of what stacks you used, again, going through each page to record what you used.

Lastly, you can create a txt file that you can make notes in for what stacks and settings you used… again going through each page.

A bit of a PITA I know, but for future projects you now know the options.

HTH
Brad

(Will Woodgate) #3

Site-wide, I’m not aware of a method to get a list of stacks used. However if you’re using Stacks 3 and enable the developer console (in Prefs > Advanced) when you open the console window you can get a detailed list of all the stacks and partials currently used on that page.

So as you can see in this example, 7 stacks are used in the page; including FreeStyle 2, HTML, Image and Markdown stacks, plus a partial named ‘Every Page’.

Open the console on each page, and you should be able to compose a list of everything used throughout a project.

(Phill) #4

thanks for your help, we hope they do such a function in the new version of RapidWeaver

(Christi Carew) #5

Hi,

Just FYI, opening the Developer Console will also slow down Stacks because of all the extra information. Once you’re done using it, you should disable it and restart RW to prevent slowdown.

Christi Carew
YourHead Software
http://www.yourhead.com