Which stacks are used in a project?

Hello @Isaiah, Hello people.

again I found out that an older stack (that I was extensively using) is dropped in its development and it is not working anymore properly.
Is there an automated way to have a list of all the stacks used in a project? Maybe even pointing at the pages where it is used in order to be fast in evolving the project to full function again?

Thank You for Your time

Andrea
1 Like

No there isnā€™t. The best way is to make it a part of your workflow and use Rapidweaverā€™s Notes feature to keep a record of the stacks being used. Not great I know, but thatā€™s the only way I know of.

Rob

2 Likes

This is something Iā€™ve previously asked @isaiah about here.

As you can see, heā€™s very kindly promised to add such a feature in the future.

4 Likes

If you look at the source code in RW or use the browser developer panel on the live site to look at the source code, you might find all the stacks listed in the code close to the top of the code.

3 Likes

You could try this:
https://introspector.azurewebsites.net/app

If the page you supply has the stacks metadata available then you should get a reasonable report based on that data. Other info might be supplied too depending on what can be mined out of the page data.

It is super basic and was really just put together as a proof of concept. It would be much better if Stacks had some sort of reporting option.

6 Likes

Give this a shotā€¦ I made it during one of my Friday Hangouts a while agoā€¦

Itā€™s a Finder Quick Action. Once you install it, right click on a folder that contains a RapidWeaver export. It will generate a stacks.txt file that will contain the names of every stack used in the project.

7 Likes

@joeworkman There is really good chance that You made my day!! I go on and test it.

@sandokandrea Did you get @joeworkman Stacks Reporter workflow to work?

Iā€™ve tried it, but I donā€™t get any kind of report.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I am running MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Thanks,
Paul

Not that difficult to look at the source code to see the stacks listed. Yes, I have used one heck of a lot on this page :slight_smile:

it works!!!
Really it works.

You have to look in the export folder. It puts there a document called ā€˜stack.txtā€™ there You have the list of the stacks used in the project.

Wellā€¦ the top would be to have the list of stacks used per page. But this, is already a great way to simplify the work and the complete check of the site.

It works.

1 Like

@joeworkman .

Thank You. It is already an enormous step forward compared to before.

Thanks a lot!!

Andrea

1 Like

Yes, thatā€™s another way Iā€™ve learnt from the solution suggested in this thread.
The one of @joeworkman is the simplest one and the one tailored for the lazy ones among us :wink:

@sandokandrea Yes, Iā€™ve looked in the export folder, but no file there at all called stacks.txt.

Guess it just isnā€™t working for me.

Thanks,
Paul

For me itā€™s also not working. No text file in the export folderā€¦ :-/

Same here. Not working.

I found the stacks.txt file in my Macā€™s ā€œHomeā€ folder. It takes some time, and after a while got my fans kicking in.

However I got identical results from two different local exports which are both Foundry sites. Unfortunately the results were not accurate at all - none of the stacks listed were in my projects, with the exception of ā€œParagraphā€ and ā€œHeaderā€, which are kind of generic names. All the other stacks that were used in the projects were not listed at all.

Hereā€™s the report I got for both sites:

1 Column Foundation
Font Styles
Grummage Proportional 1 Column Foundation
Header
Paragraph
Site Styles
Top Bar

One caveat is that this will not work if you have Stacks Meta tags turned off in the Stacks preferences. Here are the settings that I recommend that you useā€¦

I am not sure why its working for some people and not othersā€¦ Are you trying to run it on an external drive? iCloud Drive? Just thinking out loudā€¦

I created this using Big Sur. Itā€™s possible that itā€™s not compatible with older MacOS versions?

I used it on my Mac Mini running ancient Sierra (usual story - need it for some older non-updated software), and it did run.

However I did not have the Stack Meta Tags settings turned on. I will try that and report back.

I found it. Like @thang said, I found it in my User folder.

1 Like