Upgrade Price for RW7 - seems high

Personally I think the upgrade price is reasonable. Although I haven’t upgraded yet I plan to do so in a month or two. I’m happy to support the product as it’s something I use frequently.

Having said that I can understand why some want to hold off due to the price Rapidweaver 6 does work very well at the moment and whilst the new features of version 7 look good they are not essential for everyone.

You haven’t seen the new version, I suppose. There are so much differences between version 6 and 7: Live View, Webserver, SEO support, FTP and much more. The changes are not only cosmetic, sorry.

Yes, the upgrade price could be cheaper, but in the end it is worth every cent.

3 Likes

When customers begin to discuss prices, I’m getting angry…

I sell ebooks (about RapidWeaver and another program) since some time. I often get emails like this “I’m a poor student, can I get it cheaper etc?” My answer is is “no”. That’s because I have to feed a family. Basta.

The nicest guy who contacted me told me he was a journalist. If he gets one of my ebooks for nothing (not cheaper, for nothing, he wrote) he would write a positive article about my ebook. If not, I would have a nasty experience. Then he started a discussion about the price: Too much, ALL self published ebooks have to cost only € 0,89, he wrote. I didn’t answer but some angry mails followed. Some weeks later I discovered a thread in a mac community where somebody was dragging my ebook though the mine. The poster was a journalist…

Sorry, I gave up to discuss prices. If a customer wants to have a website (or what else) I make an offer. He can accept or not. I invest time, I have to pay taxes, I have to pay for a bureau, I have to pay for software (yes, for RapidWeaver, too). Nobody of the payment recipients allow discussions about their prices (or have you ever discussed with the financial authorities about the taxes…?). My offers are fair and if a customer starts to discuss my prices he is starting to damage the confidentiality in our relationship. I will send him to eBay or to Lowcostwebdesign in India. I’m sure he will get everything much more cheaper.

Nothing for nothing.

2 Likes

I’m sorry for your situation, but I’m struggling to see how it’s relevant to this discussion.

Some long term customers are giving feedback as to why they’re not choosing to upgrade. If you’re unable to see how that’s beneficial to Realmac Software, then I can’t help you with that.

We had a bike shop here in Heidelberg, it was well know in Germany for high quality bikes. They were handmade (not the frames, but assembled by hand). High prices, but not really expensive. Four years ago the shop gave up. In the shop window a notice with sth like that:

“We gave up because we offer high quality bikes and high quality purchase advice. But we cannot do our job when people ask for intensive advice and after one hour or more they leave the shop and buy another bike in an online shop”

German, who operated the shop (“GERMANs cycles”) was a man of conviction. Either customers are prepared to pay a high, but fair price or his shop is not worth the effort. He closed the shop.

Look at this: Webdesigners Customers

I guess you didn’t read the part about me downloading it and trying it out? Or the part where I said it was a good product? Or the mention of backups & portable docs? You don’t have to agree but let’s keep things in context shall we.

Check out readingbear.org it’ll do you wonders.

1 Like