Website domain registry

Hello,
I am all new to this website generating business. In order to desing my website, do I need to first have a domain? If so, which sites do you recommend?
Thanks,
Nurcan

This recent thread had a lot of good suggestions for Domain Registration sites:

2 Likes

You’ll also need a hosting provider, there are lots of posts on that subject, just do a search.

2 Likes

If you just need to register a domain name, I’d recommend Hover: Domain Names | Buy Domains & Email At Hover.com

And if you need hosting and a domain name you can do it all through A2, we have a full list of recommend hosting companies here: https://help.realmacsoftware.com/support/solutions/articles/36000001224-choosing-a-hosting-company

Hope that helps.

1 Like

@dan Although I’ve recently moved some of my sites to A2 and am very happy with them, I’m a bit surprised that ChilliDog is only in your ‘Other hosts that work with RapidWeaver’ section rather than with A2 in ‘Preferred RapidWeaver Hosting Companies’ given their high reputation and Gregory @Barchard’s great service to the RW community.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind recommendation and noticing my hard work. It’s greatly appreciated :slight_smile: . RealMac receives affiliate commission from A2.

2 Likes

Don’t they have to declare that? I’m always very careful to state on my websites that I receive a very small commission on sales through Amazon.

1 Like

+1 for Chillidog. I host all of my new client sites there.

2 Likes

You’re probably going to need both a domain name and a web hosting provider. The first is what gets you use of a domain name and the second is what serves the content of your website.

While it’s tempting to just go to a hosting provider and purchase your doimain name at the time you sign up for hosting, I’d recommend not getting the domain through them. If you decide to change hosting providers down the road, some hosting companies make it difficult to switch off their service. It’s much easier to switch if you manage the domain name yourself.

I’ve personally been very happy with Namecheap, but there are others that are good too.

2 Likes

I don’t and would never do that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

GB just helped me greatly to get away from the nightmare of LUNARPAGES.
+1 for Chillidog

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.