Aspen Theme launched for RapidWeaver 8

I’d be interested to know if this theme has been updated and patched since the final version released by Nick Cates? It’s a great theme but has problems.

Having purchased Aspen from Nick and him then withdrawing from Rapidweaver development left a very nasty taste as the theme (even after updates) had several issues that I was never able to get resolved and he just stopped responding. Both Mike at Yabdab and Will Woodgate examined the site I’d created for my local village hall (bavh.co.uk) and identified problems in the way the Aspen code had been written. Will even advised that the way Nick had written elements of the theme went against standard practice and the HTML specifications which is why I had problems using various 3rd party stacks including his so some aspects of the site are not as nice as I’d liked. Since last year the site has started showing transparency problems with Chrome based browsers and there’s nothing I can do about it.

I’m no coder just a hobbyist, so have no idea where to start but am currently having to re-write the entire site in another product (I’ve chosen Source as Stuart’s support is fab) in order to be able to use the stacks I want to use and get a site that fully works! I love the Aspen look and feel so am replicating it as closely as possible.

If there’s been no code change since it was Nick’s product then I suspect others will discover problems going forwards.

2 Likes