Cannot access the Inspector in RW 6.3.4

SUPER!!! Thanks it worked!!!

Thank you so much!!
It has solved !!

That Terminal command does the trick. Many thanks for posting that solution.

My pages column and my inspector failed to show after I set Autosave in Rapidweaver preferences. Guess itā€™s a bug.

1 Like

Thankyou this was driving me insane

2 Likes

It worksā€¦it worksā€¦it freaking works! Thanks.

-Barry
SilkyWebDesign.Com

2 Likes

thanks so much to all, I lost several critical days (yes not full days, I only get to work a few hours a day on the site development so really need to maximize them) - very frustrating, @barque your fix was so easy to apply, million thanks.

1 Like

I have just experienced the exact same problem. RW and everything in it up to date under el Capitan 10.11.4 Out of the blue - never happened before. terminal instruction worked for me - no need to reboot mac but did restart RW.

1 Like

@manofdogz
Multiple display setup?

Yes - MBP driving an iMac in target display mode. Been using this set up for about 6 months and this is first time the problem has occurred

@manofdogz

Check the link below for a relatively recent appraisal of the problem from Isaiah.

2 Likes

Iā€™m on RapidWeaver 6.3.8, MacOS X 10.11.5 Beta (15F18b), Macbook Pro with multible displays, Gin & Tonic.

Seemsā€¦ since I upgraded to latest OS Beta ā€“ not sure that RW 6.3.8 has anything to do with it ā€“ the problem pops up whenever I open RapidWeaver (and the Mac have been to sleep or restarted orā€¦). Havenā€™t experienced it before.

Iā€™m on 6.3.8 at work (iMac with multible displays) but older MacOS X ā€“ haventā€™ had the problem on my iMac.

Terminal command ( thanx @LaPan )
defaults delete com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver6 ā€œNSSplitView Subview Frames Main Document SplitViewā€
solves the problemā€¦ so Iā€™ve added the commad as copy-paste snippet.

Cheers.

1 Like

Small updateā€¦ I updated to Mac OS 10.11.5 Beta (15F24b) yesterday, and it seems to have solved the ā€˜Sidebar gone missing in RapidWeaverā€™ problem.

Old MacOS problems sometimes pops up in new beta releasesā€¦

I have that beta too and had a recurrence of the RW Inspector problem yesterday, so I am afraid no, it hasnā€™t solved it.

@Powderkeg > Darnā€¦ I might just have been lucky then, but day three here using RapidWeaver intensively without the annoyiiiing problem.

@powderkeg > youā€™re right. After 4-5 days without the problem > problem came backā€¦ I assume it happened when I connected to my two extra monitorsā€¦ which I did for the first time inā€¦ 4-5 days.

happened again - thanks for the fix - folks copy the whole line not just the quoted portion of the line - works great - wish the system would not get lost as its a pain to dig up the solution each time.

Thanks again

this fixed it for me, thank you very very much!