10 months later... my website is DONE!

beautiful website. I have a question. What do you use to get all the social media links about your footer?

1 Like

Haha, an awesome thread that never ceases to surprise!
edit: we should have ‘Hall of fame’ section on the forum and have it there.

I second that first logo: :slight_smile:

1 Like

@TapioMichael Isn’t it everyone’s dream to get a “hall of fame” thread on the forum? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, @verg. It’s just Font Awesome code in a Foundation grid.

@webdeer I get what you mean, however, it is a thicker script and does read fine on all screens. I made sure of that :slight_smile:

1 Like

@LSPhoto yes looks fine at that size.

1 Like

eh, I think it’s fine. I can up the size of the P+D a bit, but my eyes are so bad that if I can read it, I feel most can :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice fonts you use there :wink:

2 Likes

@instacks couldn’t have done it without you and your Custom Font stack!
thanks again for your help! https://instacks.com/customfontstack/

2 Likes

Amateurish is perhaps the wrong word.
While I was studying graphic design, it was hammered into me that whoever uses centred text is just too lazy to “design”. However, sometimes centred text is a necessary evil.

Lisa, I’ve looked at your site a dozen times during its production. It’s a nice site.

2 Likes

A little late in my response, but just want to say, I love the “look and feel.” Now make some money:slight

1 Like

@APSS thank you, and yes, let’s all make some money!

1 Like

@mabinogion for sure centered text is needed sometimes. I didn’t make my decisions lightly or lazily. Each piece of text is carefully thought out with 2 different settings, for desktop and mobile. Most everything is left justified on mobile, but some things still look better centered, like the cursive text in my logo I use for headers. I also consider my clients and through “mobile first” is a big trend, I still try to make good design decisions as I can.
Thanks for following me here, I do appreciate the comments :slight_smile:

Lisa, please, what did you use for your top menu? TopBar? Other? THANKS!

1 Like

@raymackt the top menu is Top Bar and the secondary menu is Chroma with Top Bar :slight_smile:

Does anyone have any great behind the scenes “must do” or “must have” advice now that I’m done fiddling with my website?

SEO, Cpanel, etc? or something I don’t even know to ask about? Throw it all out there, please!
thanks.

Getting Board? :wink: LOL
It’s kinda weird when you are all done isn’t it. Best thing now would be to tweak for SEO.
Do some keyword research and make adjustments.
Try to build some backlinks, make sure you are listed in the pertinent directories etc.

1 Like

@swilliam Scott… There was something to do or fix every day for almost a year, so yeah, it’s weird to not have that anymore :slight_smile:
I did some SEO but should probably revisit and tweak as you suggested. My area is clogged with photographers, so here is my link again for backlinking! https://www.lisasandlerphotography.com

Any great sites for adding my site for backlinking or directories?

I don’t know much about your industry, but start with the usual suspects, google my business, apple maps connect, yelp, local chamber of commerce & other local business organizations, linked in etc., etc. what ever fits for your business.
After that other good traffic drivers; blogging, youtube,pinterest other social sites.

I would steer clear of those services that offer to get you listed in 1000 directories for $29.95 most are scams and can do more harm than good.

3 Likes

Pop your business name in Moz Local (formerly Yahoo Local) to see how you’re doing:
https://moz.com/local/search?utm_referrer=https:%2F%2Fmoz.com%2Flearn%2Fseo%2Flocal-business-listings

Moz does offer a paid service to get you listed but, the free scan can give you ideas as to what indexes might be worth going after.
Be consistent in how your NAP (name address, Phone number) is listed in every index.
Local searches can treat things like:
123 n main st
123 north main st
123 n main street
as being a different business address.
212-555-1212
(212)555-1212
Might be different phone numbers.
Also, make sure your business categories are constant.

Also, take a look at this:

3 Likes