8.1.6 - all resources missing

Having seen the missing resources issues in recent times, I delayed updating. Today took the plunge to 8.1.6 and pretty much all resources are missing in all my projects. And these are certainly not just old resources that are no longer needed. This is a shed load of work - why??

3 Likes

I took the plunge too and had the missing resources warning although it seemed easier this newest version to relink BUT I also returned to 8.1 using Time Machine and will wait some more and hope itā€™s fully resolved, although at some point I suspect there wonā€™t be a choice but to update ā€¦

2 Likes

So glad that I upgraded. /s

What a nightmare.

I tried the latest 8.1.7 update and after resolving the ā€œmissing resourcesā€ issue which was very selective(?), Rapidweaver appears to be working better for me. I still see some weird behavior - I have to enter meta tags by cut and paste because I can not type full words into the field(donā€™t ask!). but Iā€™m sticking with it and not going back.
I am always prepared to return to previous versions because I try to work with copies of backups after updating and also have the luxury of Time Machine backups to return most everything to the prior working conditions, but updating shouldnā€™t be this frustrating.

I there any fix for this? Every project I open and all the resources need to be fixed. Unless Iā€™m missing something the ā€˜Resolveā€™ button doesnā€™t seem to do anything that canā€™t be done by manually re-linking in the resources window. Iā€™ve got over 100 projects and this a really daunting task!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.