All defined images are gone again!

I don’t understand why this happens all the time on my website.
I did diffine the images with a name and an description and a scaling. Now all the information is gone after opening my editor in RW8.
The only changeI made is OS Big Sir on my MacBookPro.
Can you advise me?
thanks for you time.
Gerard-Jan

Have you added these images locally, added then to the RW Assets folder or warehousing them on your site?

Thanks Paul for your time, pictures will give an explanation so;
the first foto is how it is now, the second foto is how it was!

If you (RapidWeaver developers) make changes in the software take care for your paying customers who try to be solid. Every time when you changes from one number to another … RW6 to RW7.0 to RW8.0,I have to bring in again my pictures again!! Why?? It cost me a lot of work!

Hi Gerard-Jan,

I’m not a Rapidweaver developer, I’m a Rapidweaver user like you.

It looks from the image that you have used local drag and drop for your images. This means that RW doesn’t copy the images into the project file it references where they are in you Mac and copies hem as needed. If you’ve had a MacOS upgrade, its possible the locations of your images has slightly shifted in some way, so Rapidweaver no longer knows where to find them.

Best options to stop this happening again are to use the resources folder, or look in to warehousing your images instead (a handy option if you have lots of images).

Cheers,
Paul

2 Likes

Hello Paul, thanks for your explanation and sorry that I thought you where a developer. I did not understand your advies, now I do. I have a local directory structure in my project for every page an other directory. So if I decide to take a page out of my website, then I delete that directory to hold my website clean. That was my argumentation. It works if you have so many pages on your website. To bring al images in one directory, you loos this structure. I hope That you understand my way of working. “RapidWeaver developers” don’t understand that people are working hard and has no time to change this kind of structure. Thanks for your help. have a nice evening and forget my bad English, sorry. Gerard-Jan

This might help if you don’t already have it selected:

1 Like

Hello David, thanks for you help. I checked al the settings and they are exact the same as you advised.
So I still have this problem.
I think that I have to define every page again.

That setting “copy into document” didn’t exist prior to RW8. Apparently it doesn’t migrate older projects correctly according to this post by @isaiah

Never heard back from @dan or @tpbradley on this one.

1 Like

I just want to clarify here – I didn’t say that it was broken. The feature works correctly. Or, well, it does exactly what it “says on the tin.” Specifically: it changes the setting for all future resources.

I just wanted to know from @dan and @tpbradley if there’s some other way to doing this AND migrating all of the existing stuff too – because that seems like what people really need most of the time. And maybe it would help people take steps today that might prevent that sort of data loss from happening in the future when resources get unhooked from projects?

Isaiah

1 Like

In RW7 I think there was an option to “make document portable” that this option replaced. I thought that old option worked.

2 Likes

RW8.7

I am using Big Sir onmy old MacBookPro.

Now I use also RapidWeaver8.7 within SETAPP.

The Rapid Weaver app I use is within SETapp. is always the latestversion

When I open my App RW it is always the newest version. So there is no transition between my data and the newest RW8.7. You don’t have a choice to do otherwise!

If so, there are no images in your project anymore, also you find no Links in your pages anymore.
I have to work for 5 full days to create my good web-site again. I don’t understand the way RW works with the new versions, and I don’t understand that people stay with RW. Because this is so un professional. If you have an shop to run and you use RW as your base for the website than you can’t operate for days!

If this was the first time it happens, than you can imagine some things goes wrong but I see This by every update .from RW
Groet, Gerard-Jan the Netherlands.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.