Animation videos and RW - What I need to know?

I am looking for an animation tool/service provider for a web page.
The purpose is to introduce a product, idea or service to a potential customer.

In addition to service provider or tool to make animation my self, I am looking for information what I need to take into consideration on the technical implementation side.

Should I use services like YouTube or not? It accepts formats: MOV, MP4 (MPEG4), AVI, WMV, FLV, 3GP, MPEGPS, WebM. Then I could use Stack like JoeWorkman’s VideoWall. Any other suggestions?

Or somehow to embed a video directly trough RW? What Stacks or Plugins use?

I would take a guess and say that trough RW’s stacks page that videos are displayed would be responsive as well. But is it a good idea for user experience to keep videos visible for mobile platform at first place?

How about SEO vice? Is video content disregarded and it would be
better to make written content instead of simple video or videos?

Hi, I would always use a third-party service to host the videos. Using YouTube, you will have too many ads inside and after the video playing, which is certainly not what you want if you introduce a new product. So I go with VIMEO which offers a moderate price for the ads-free version.

On mobile platforms, Videos do not autoplay in general. New browsers support autoplay for muted videos - see the blog entry from BWD: https://www.bigwhiteduck.com/posts/sections-autoplay-videos. In addition, videos on mobile are very often played muted, so add some subtitles to them.

About SEO: As far as I know, the description and titles of the videos count. As well as the backlinks to the videos.

1 Like

Auto play can also be blocked on current browsers with plugins, not to mention that for some of us it’s an instant hit the back button.

Having full transcripts of your videos will count towards your search engine rankings.

Not entirely correct. It is very easy to disable adverts on any video you publish to YouTube. Adverts are not actually permitted on any promotional content and a growing list of other video subject matters.

You can stop the display of related video’s displaying at the end using the rel=0 attribute on the embed link or by using a free stack like uTube and checking the Hide Related Video’s option in the stack settings.

I see lots of products and services using YouTube for their video content. The trick is to use reduced branding on the video and disable adverts / annotations.

1 Like

Great news, thanks. How can I disable ads on the videos?