Anyone else here have experience with Voice Interfaces?

I am curious who else here has experience with voice interfaces. Whether it be interacting with Siri, Google, Cortana, or some other system. Also, curious if anyone else has experience designing voice interface. :grin:

1 Like

I would love know as well! Seems itā€™s more and more the future.

1 Like

My most recent iteration of a voice-enabled chat interface can be found at Gideon.Maia.Site. The voice commands and all of the information cards/modals are generated from the content of a MySQL database. I am managing the database tables using Kuler Solutionsā€™ simpleCRUD stack.

In order for the demo to work, you will have to use Google Chrome and have a Microphone that you allow the browser access to.

There is a box in the upper right that you can use to type commands. Some commands appear as you type. However, there are many more commands than shown.

@dan & @ben , I just added the commands ā€œLaunch (the) Real Mac Forum(s)ā€ and ā€œ(Launch) (Play) (the) Real Mac Podcastā€ :rofl:

Wow thanks! Definedly will look your link. Honestly I am not there yet, SQL is not familar yet, but I just purchased online course for it, so moving that direction. :slight_smile: Mobile search engine enquires surpassed computer based ones earlier this year, so itā€™s bit hard to belive there isnā€™t more buzz about this topic here.

SQL is a lot easier to work with than you would think. So is PHP. I stalled for a long time on learning PHP because ā€œIt was too hardā€, but actually itā€™s pretty straightforward once you learn how to search through the documentation and use Google.

Most of the articles about web-based voice interfaces are from five years ago. I think it might be one of those things that hasnā€™t been touched much because people donā€™t realize how far it has come. It also can be a little bit of a challenge because the client browser and operating system play a major role in the userā€™s experience.

I also have a hardware solution in development that helps guarantee a consistant expereince.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.