Bootstrap versions for Stacks and Foundry

So pretty new to RW8. Using Stacks and Foundry. I am trying to get some of the under the hood stuff figured out. It looks to me like for each Stacks page I create a bootstrap file is created with a titling scheme like "stacks_page_pagex.css with a corresponding js file “stacks_page_pagex.js”. As I look at these files it appears that [Stacks 4.0] Foundry is working off of Bootstrap v4.0.0 alpha.2 I’ve been adding some custom HTML into an HTML stack (hand coding some forms as I haven’t yet found a form generator that is flexible enough for what I’m after.) Anyway, I’m pretty comfortable with coding the forms but I keep running into a cement wall as I attempt to use bootstrap classes that are part of v4.1+ releases and, therefore, are not coded into the [Stack] Foundry generated bootstrap file. Right now my issue is with form-check related classes. I finding this a bit frustrating. My current workaround is either to also add in the Bootstrap v4.3.1 css file or copy and paste the classes I need from the bootstrap file into my own css files. Both of these feel really kludgy and make me feel like I don’t really get how all of this (i.e., Rapidweaver -> Stacks -> Foundry) is supposed to work. I would appreciate if someone can give me some insights as to what I’m missing and/or useable workarounds. Thanks.

I would post your question on the Elixir Support forum. They are the Foundry people.

Stacks doesn’t have anything to do with bootstrap but foundry does. It is based on the early beta.

You can ask these questions here if you like, Adam @Elixir is on this forum as well.

Just replied to @martindg’s post on the Elixir forum and then saw this here.

I’ll just refer to my post over there below if others are interested.

If you search for a pure Bootstrap 4 theme, have a look at BlankStrap Theme:

http://blankstrap.com

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.