Boutique Theme Responsive Banner

Hi Guys,
May be a silly question but I want to have the banner on the Boutique Theme Template which is responsive when viewed on a mobile or tablet so that the image is not simply cropped.
Is it possible?

You have a URL to a page?

It’s hard to help without one.

Hi Doug,
The current page is https://www.4tress4gates.com but the banner on the page is not the one I am trying to change as the banner I want to load is a image of the company official building but when I place the image onto the Rapidweaver 8 General setting Banner section and size it 2000px x800px and preview the image is cropped down to show only the roof whereas in the page inspector section image section I can place a banner their and the image is responsive so that it will reduce size to show the full building when viewed on a mobile but I want the image on the main banner landing page.

I have a couple of ideas…could you send me the image you want to use?

Hi Joe,
Thanks for getting back to me this is the image I would like to use as the banner.

Stephen @predactor ;

If I understand what you want. It looks like the banner area is set for the width to be automatic instead of the hight.

You can give this a try (there might be a setting to to this in the theme but I don’t know):

#rwBanner img {
     width: 100%; 
     height: auto;
    }

Just add thsi tio the CSS area.

1 Like

Hi Doug,
Do you mean adding this to the settings area of the Rapidweaver or the CSS area in page inspector of each page.

Brilliant amazing fantastic I am gobsmacked it worked you just done in a few seconds what I have been struggling with all week thank you so much guys.
I owe you one for that the wife can enjoy my company now I am not stuck on the computer.

Thanks for that Doug,
If I wanted to have the main banner responsive across the entire webpages do I need to place the code in the setting section css location?

When ever you apply CSS,
If you wnat it SiteWide you can put it into a single place in the Code area of Settings.

If you wnat it just for a single page then place it in the code area of the page inspector.

2021-08-21_10-52-07

Hi Doug,
You have been amazing you have made my day and sorted things out for me.
I hope you and your family are all well during this ordeal of covid and that you all make it through in good health.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.