What I’m trying to do:
- Have a retail sales page available to everyone with one set of products.
- Have a separate, private (password-protected, username/pwd login, hidden page; don’t care how) page with a separate set of products (and pricing) for wholesalers.
What I have:
- Ecwid business account, which I’ve been happily using for 18 months now through HTML code on a RW page. (I was using the plugin, but the code gave me more layout flexibility).
- Rapidweaver (obvs)
- Ecwid plugin (which actually I don’t use currently; using HTML instead).
- Slightly complex advice from the lovely people at Ecwid itself, involving the creation of a wholesale customer group and manually hiding/displaying products via CSS. It’s a good system, but will get old fairly fast due to the number of products I need to add in.
What I’m hoping for:
- A way to have products in certain categories displayed on the public page, and separate products in an entirely different category displayed on an entirely separate page.
What I’ve looked at:
@RicardoR’s new set of Ecwid stacks (they didn’t exist last time I was here. I don’t know if they’ll help me do what I need to, however.
Any advice or suggestions?
A way to have products in certain categories displayed on the public page, and separate products in an entirely different category displayed on an entirely separate page.
In version 1.x of the Ecwid Stacks that is possible with some additional CSS. In the upcoming v2.x all of this is possible (and a whole lot more) via the stack settings.
I can definitely help you with the additional CSS for v1.x, but your best bet is v2. I’m working on the documentation for that, but it is a major update, and my progress on that is being slower that I anticipated. My upgrade policy will be to charge all v1 users only the difference in price from v1 to v2.
I’ve been teetering with the idea of doing a pre-release of v2, pending the documentation. I just need a vote of confidence from the previous users of v1 in order to do that.
Please let me know if you have further questions, I will be happy to be of help.
I’d be happy to do pre-beta undocumented testing of v2 (paying for v1 of course), having never used v1, if that helps?! I’m pretty solid with CSS and have done a lot of software testing and documentation, so am not scared of playing with “undocumented features”.
If it can do exactly what I need to do, in a couple of days of my playing around with it, I’m on board …
Sorry about the late reply, I was in the boonies for the weekend.
Just to clarify, the Ecwid Stacks v2 are completed and not in beta at this point, they are ready for release, but it’s new features are not documented at this point.
I wanted to get a feel from the other users of the Ecwid Stacks v1 wether to pre-release, with clear understanding that documentation is still being worked on.
From your last message, I’d think that it is a yes, right?
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.