Not sure if my long rambling posts are any benefit to others downstream, other people with similar questions
but... here goes...
btw: Reflections yielded a "404 not found” error.
1) One problem I’ve experienced may be trying to over-organize re: Armadillo.
The “Crufted” thing. I changed “index” to “Armadillo_Index” & was experimenting anew, which created awkward Armadillo folders on several levels in the folder structure. Got that sorted out & got rid of conflicts so I have a new Armadillo blog (empty) out there.
Only thing: Blog created in the project: But seems to be driven purely from what I created online & they don’t both contain blog content, only a framework framework locally in RW project.
2) Little Oak is my current webhost.
3) I believe I may have misspoken attributing help to NimbleHost.
Glancing back to email exchanges, it might have been at Little Oak, or perhaps Adrian at Sitelok (uncertain w/o research).
4) I’m wondering why Armadillo is considered a CMS & beginning to wonder how to use it to best effect.
Trying to find a justification for using it beyond blogs; Since it gets added as potentially a menu item & I don’t know what I’m gaining in other uses & thus don’t know what else belongs under Armadillo.
5) As for blogs. I like the way you can pick blogs from a drop down list. Armadillo has much the same tier of users as Sitelok.
Limiting entrance to certain blogs vs others for members of dissimilar interest may not be possible in my final site. (One thing I was considering, but they are perhaps too mutually-exclusive site projects/subjects to blend).
6) Very good point about test-creating multiple sites. I know I can create multiple subsites, such as special ancillary “regions" (if I can appropriate terminology pell-mell). Test-creating whole new sites left me thinking abt registering new domains & probably muddled myself in so doing. For the sake of testing, subdomain ought be fine.
7) I need to recreate the Sitelok db & figure out out to coalsesce the two & where they overlap, as well. (I could gripe about how some of RW add-on tools are described before one buys. There are demos. However, the copy on so many of these plugins, etc are slick descriptions that don’t always explain well what you’re getting in fuctionality to a novice user, or if it fits your case. Not wishing to disparage Armadillo & Sitelok in this tangent).
Then, I am led to wonder which way to best create the blog - as part of the parent page, or a blog SUBsite on the web host.
Thanks also to Dave.