Can plugins be used with a site theme created with Foundation

(Craig) #1

I just created a site with Foundation and wanted to add the plugin Collage 2 from YourHead Software to the theme. Is there a way to do this?

Or plugins only work with pre-made RapidWeaver themes?

Thanks in advanced.

I am not familiar with Collage 2 but pretty much any plugin or stack will work with Foundation. If you have a question about something specific like this it’s usually better asking the developer directly.

From personal experience I have found that Foundation sites tend to work best when all the components are made specifically for Foundation, however that is not always possible if you need some specific functionality.

(Rob Beattie) #3

Since Foundation is Stacks-based you’d need to be able to bring Collage 2 into a Foundation page using YourHead’s PlusKit plugin.

Unless there’s something specific that Collage 2 does that you can’t find anywhere else I think you’d be better off using a Gallery stack instead.

Rob

(Craig) #4

Thanks fro the input. I tried to use the Pluskit to bring this into a foundation page with no luck… I will stick with Stacks.

(Rob Beattie) #5

Did anything happen at all? I don’t have Collage but I just imported a RW Blog page into Foundation using PlusKit and that seemed to work OK.

(Craig) #6

I got the Collage to import but all the images will not show. The Collage page works in preview but once the PlusKit page is added then the images do not show in either the collage page or the import section.

I tried calling the page name with light box triggers but this did not make the images to show…

(Rob Beattie) #7

Just a thought. The current version is Collage 2 - is that the one you’re using?

(Craig) #8

Yes that is the version

(leigh) #9

is Plus kit working in RW7 ?

(Rob Beattie) #10

Haven’t upgraded yet I’m afraid. Still waiting for the kinks to be worked out.