Change the Banner Background in Tesla / Split theme

Hello there.
I think I found the solution with deeper digging into other links that you and Oscar proposed together.
Though I am running RW7, it looks like I have to put the CSS code on every single page in order to add the image I want as the banner.
I thought I could do it with the master style code, but it didn’t seem to work.
On pages where I did it individually to test it out, it worked.
On pages where I did not put the CSS on at page level, it shows the grey bar.

http://www.distilledimages.net http://www.distilledimages.net/

1 Like

Hello, i have rapidweaver from set app. I need change banner in tesla theme.

thank you

A.

I know this is an old thread but this was the first google search when I asked this same question for the same problem. I would like to add that if NONE of these solutions work for you ( as they didn’t for me) you can dig into your computer hard drive deep enough into the files for the theme itself and put your desired image in that folder. rename your desired image to whatever the name of the image used is. and boom its done. no coding required. the coding of the theme itself will not be altered at all.

DIRECTIONS:

all you have to do is search in your Mac Finder for the rapid weaver program > right click and select “show package contents” > open the contents folder > open the resources folder > scroll until you find the themes folder and open it > split and Tesla are in the “new themes” folder, but im sure this method would work for any stock image issue

On the theme file, right click and select “show package contents”> open contents folder> open images folder > drag and drop your desired image into the folder (your Mac may ask for verification) > delete the image CURRENTLY BEING USED that you want to replace > rename your desired image to the EXACT same name as the previous stock image

Boom you’re done. In my opinion this was the easiest and quickest option that doesn’t involve code that might not work between updates, as it didn’t work for me. I hope this is easy to follow. I’m not sure if rapid weaver exists for PC but it would be the same theory.

Thanks! Good Luck!

There’s a few problems with doing things the way you described. I would like to warn other users. Since you a modifying the Program Package, the next time Rapid weaver is updated you’ll loose those changes you made. Not to mention theirs so danger in editing the program package it self.

If what has been listed above didn’t work or you want to make a change to any theme it would be much better and safer to do the following:

1. Locate the Theme you want to change within RapidWeavers themes window
  2. Right Click the theme - select Duplicate Theme
  3. Now find the duplicate you just created - it will “copy” appended to the name
  4. Right Click the new copy and select Show in Finder
  5. Now edit the way you want

This is much safer as you’re not editing the program package, and the chnages you made won’t every get overlaid by updates to RapidWeaver or the theme developer.

2 Likes