Changing Banner Images Ain't Easy

(Michael Kane) #1

I started to write a new question, and “Your topic is similar to…” came up with a question I asked a year ago and wasn’t answered: Banner Image RW7

Rapidweaver Multitool worked for a while (it’s a separate program) but it hasn’t been updated for RW 7, and won’t open *.rw projects.

Changing the banner can be done from the main settings window, but unfortunately this setting is often overridden by the theme. And you can’t change the theme’s image easily:

First you have to find them. They’re cunningly hidden, nine levels down from root. I had to do a Google search to figure out how to copy the path, it’s so long: /Users/pendejo/Library/Containers/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver/Data/Library/Application Support/RapidWeaver/Themes

Because banner (jumbotron) images are so important in today’s web, it would be nice to be able them easily.

(Rob Beattie) #2

In my experience it’s entirely dependant on the theme. Some newer themes support the Banner Over-ride option built into RW7, others come with a selection of built-in banners for you to choose from and instructions on how to replace them with your own. You may have to dig a little into the documentation, but it’s usually pretty straightforward.

Is there a particular theme that’s giving you problems?

Rob

(LJ) #3

From your original thread I assume you are using Voyager? I just created a new project with voyager and dragged images in on a couple of pages - they both changed immediately - as they should.

As robbeattie says, some themes don’t support the drag and drop feature in RW7 and you would need to look at individual documentation to see how they work. I have used dozens of themes and banner changing has never been an issue

What file types are you using? I have tried jpg, png, tiff and giff - which all work. However I doubt native formats such as photoshop, pixelmator etc will.