Click to scroll content

Hi Weavers,

What stack is this web designer using for the sidebar (on desktop) in this page?
I’ d like to do something like that: basically a sort of accordion stack that on click it scrolls directly to the content on that page.

Any help about a stack, or a way, to do that would be appreciated.

It’s Big White Duck’s Sticky Grummage https://www.bigwhiteduck.com/stacks/stickygrummage/

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t think that’s what you meant. I’m having another look now.

1 Like

Hey Neil,
thanks a lot for your reply.
You are referring to the sticky effect, that’s pretty cool too and I have that stack already.

I’m referring to the accordion-style content that when clicked on “Extras” for example, it goes to the “Extras” main paragraph on the left, and so on. :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure it’s MagicGellan2. I’ve used it in the past in situations like this. It’s a suite of stacks that can do many things. It does say it’s only for Foundation, but the bits you need might work without it.

There’s not much you can’t do with a combination of BWD stacks.
https://www.bigwhiteduck.com/stacks/magicgellan2/

1 Like

I think it is much easier than that. If you look in the source code, you can see the headlines/links like “Itinerario in breve”, “dettagli del prezzo” and so on are just header pro stacks with a link set to an anchor ("#itinerario"). This corresponds with a text stack in the main content area that has
<h3 id="itinerario">Itinerario</h3>
as a header.
Then you just need the smooth scroll effect and you’re there.

1 Like

@Adri12 I’ve done the same thing as that page using 2 stacks:

1. Stacks4Stacks Jump stack
  2. Joe Workman’s Glider stack

The combo of those 2 stacks is easy to implement. As others indicated there are other ways to accomplish this, but wanted to toss in another alternative.

1 Like

Thanks a lot Neil! :+1:

I wil try this. Thanks a lot for your help! :slightly_smiling_face:

Oo, that’s great.
I appreciate that! :pray:

Hi Markus,

I set the link to an anchor that correspond to the the text stack (thanks a lot for the code by the way). It works, but obviously there is no scrolling effect that leads to it.

Do you know how I can create a smooth scrolling effect?

There is a Smooth scroll stack by Marathia and I think another one by Barz. I don’t know if they are still available, you might want to check in the RapidWeaver add-ons section!

frieauff.com Kommunikation gestalten
Markus Frieauff
Hinter Sundheim 12
55283 Nierstein

Tel. 06133 / 70 19 678

info@frieauff.com
mobil 0163 / 888 94 86

Meine Datenschutzrichtlinie finden Sie auf frieauff.com/datenschutzrichtlinie

I downloaded the Scroll Stack from Marathia and it works beautifully.
Thanks for your guidance Marcus :pray: :star2:

sorry for the shameless promotion. That is actually just the signature of my e-mail account, I had responded to Adriano’s post by mail…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.