🦐 [DEPRECATION WARNING] RMModelObject

Are any of your classes inheriting from RMModelObject? If so, you’ll want to read this.

As of RapidWeaver 7.3.1 (release date TBC), RMModelObject will be officially deprecated. This means that at some point in the future it’ll be going away.

In every case where we’re using this class in RapidWeaver, inheriting from NSObject instead is all that we needed to do. It’s likely that this will be the same for you too.

If you run into any issues, or have any reason for us to delay removal of RMModelObject, then please let us know as soon as possible.

If your plugin uses RMModelObject, could you please reply to this post so that we know how many people this affects? If nobody is using it, we may remove it sooner.

seems like a good call. i suspect that majority of the reasons that existed have faded into the distant past. the few things that it did (deep copy) seem like they can be performed in far less manual ways with more modernized obj-c.

i have never used this class directly – only just in that some classes used it as their base-class. i suspect i won’t notice this change.

1 Like