Developer - RapidWeaver Classic Addon Overview

RapidWeaver is a powerful, easy to use, static site generator for macOS, it has an open plugin and theme-ing system that anyone can use.

What can I build?

RapidWeaver Classic has two separate Addon APIs available, one for themes, and one for native plugins. Collectively developers have earned millions of dollars building addons for the RapidWeaver ecosystem, why don’t you join them and build the next great thing?

What tools do I need?

Generally, you’ll only need RapidWeaver Classic and a text editor. Below are a collection of native tools for macOS you might find useful while developing addons for RapidWeaver.

• Visual Studio Code - Powerful and free code editor for macOS.
  • Nova - Native code editor for macOS.
  • Lexi - JSON Browser for macOS.
  • PlistEdit Pro - Advanced Plist and JSON editor for macOS.
  • Sketch - Design, prototype, and illustrate for macOS.
  • IconSlate - Custom icon generator for macOS.
  • Xcode - Only required for native plugin development.

How do I distribute Addons?

This is entirely up to you, we don’t enforce any distribution method on developers for RapidWeaver Classic addons.

However, we do recommend listing them on the RapidWeaver Marketplace, this is a free service and allows your addons to be automatically marketed to the existing RapidWeaver user base.

What can I list on the Marketplace?

• Framework
  • Plugin
  • Project
  • stack
  • Theme
  • Utility (i.e. apps or web services for RapidWeaver)

Do you offer developer support?

Yes, we’re always happy to help. If you have any questions on getting up and running, please email support@realmacsoftware.com or visit the RapidWeaver Developer Network forum group to ask any questions.