Good news everyone!
RapidWeaver 7.1 is out now and is macOS Sierra compatible. It’s a recommend update for all users.If you’re already using RapidWeaver 7.0.x just check for updates. otherwise you can download it directly from here.
This truly is a monster of a release, so many fixes and improvements it’s insane. You can see the release below for a full overview of what’s new.
If you find any issues with this release please let us know in this thread or contact support.
We’re already hard at work on RapidWeaver 7.1.1 — Happy Weaving!
Important: Projects saved in 7.1 are NOT backwards compatible with 7.0.4 or earlier versions of RapidWeaver. Please back-up your projects before Installing this update.
What’s New in 7.1
- Opening large projects is now much quicker (after initial migration)
- All exports are now faster due to concurrency
- Exporting projects with plugins that generate multiples pages is now much faster
- Added a sheet to show what RapidWeaver is doing during export
- Added back in support for re-publishing all files for a single page
- SiteLok plugin no longers breaks Preview mode
- Colour arithmetic in themes now works again
- Fixed an issue where the Filename extension was ignored when exporting (again)
- Fixed an issue where an updated resource would not get re-published
- Resizing Gifs now works (animation is not supported in resized gifs, yet)
- Cleaned up plugin loading code, it’s good to be clean!
- Fixed an issue under Sierra when using the Web Inspector
- Updated Voyager theme (Thanks Adam!)
- FTP setting name changed from “Fast as Hell” to “Fast as Lightning”
- We’ve fixed up a bunch of issues and crashers with export introduced in the previous beta (sorry!)
- Fixed an issue where Photo Album pages would not be generated correctly
- Migration to global data storage now only happens once per page
- Media queries that span multiple lines will now be minified correctly
- Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would crash when you removed a global meta tags
- Cache busting links option is now saved between launches
- Fixed an issue where plugins would sometimes fail to load
- Export should no longer sometimes hang (Refactored manifest generation to prevent conflicts)
- Minify can now handle non-ascii characters correctly
- Thai characters no longer crash RapidWeaver’s code view
- Added a “cancel” button on “change Theme and Apply?” dialog
- Fixed an issue where Site Notes would sometimes not save
- Tooltips in page list now look much nice
- Project window now shows when RapidWeaver is unregistered
- Preview now works with the Sitemap plugin
- Fixed an issue with the contact form not saving correctly
- You can now change the page extension for the home page
- Many other minor fixes, and under the hood enhancements
- Added an option to the Preferences to switch off local PHP rendering
- Running on 10.12 no longer requests the Osaka font to be installed
- Fixed an issue on 10.12 where the welcome text would be hidden
- Fixed an issue with CSS consolidation where it would sometimes put the link at the the of the HTML
- Update Lander Theme to 1.0.2
- Sidebar code tab is now called “head” not “header”
- Deleting all resources no longer crashes RapidWeaver, yay!
- And so much more…