Does anyone have a Telephone number to contact Realmac?

Another developer beta is due today, we might put up a public beta here on the forum later this week depending on how the testing goes.

Cheers,
Dan

So after going to the trouble of sending you my project files, ftp login details etc. your advice two weeks later is to try yet another beta version that may come out in a week? @dan Can you confirm that you or someone on your team actually looked at my specific project file?

Yes, I looked at it and I think 7.1 will fix your issue. Sorry for the delay.

thanks fingers crossed !

Dear Dan,

I had almost given up trying to get help from your company. Iā€™ve been recommending Rapidweaver for years but feel like Iā€™m now being treated very badly indeed.

I updated a while ago to the latest version. Almost immediately I could not update the three sites I run. Extensive communication with Aaron Marquez produced no results. I even provided my own login credentials so he could test and verify for himself. He just gave up and stopped answering - unbelievably rude.

Now Iā€™ve come across your ā€˜supportā€™ page here where I can see that others are screaming out in desperation to get the IDENTICAL problem fixed.

Why arenā€™t you honestly coming out and saying ā€˜weā€™ve got a problem we cannot fix but weā€™re working on itā€™? Youā€™ve taken all these peopleā€™s money (including mine) for upgrades and then effectively showing them two fingers. What way is that to build a business?

Can you PLEASE help. Two of the sites I run are charities and itā€™s causing real problems.

I wrote to the company a few weeks ago but of course no-one answered.

Please do the honourable thing and honestly tell us all whatā€™s happening.

Better still, PLEASE get it fixed. (Iā€™m using 7.0.4)

Hi Michael (@Michael2),

Why arenā€™t you honestly coming out and saying ā€˜weā€™ve got a problem we cannot fix but weā€™re working on itā€™? Youā€™ve taken all these peopleā€™s money (including mine) for upgrades and then effectively showing them two fingers. What way is that to build a business?

First of all, I wanted to say I understand it can be frustrating when things donā€™t work, and Iā€™m sorry youā€™ve been having issues with RapidWeaver. I can assure you the vast majority of users are publishing just fine.

I had almost given up trying to get help from your company. Iā€™ve been recommending Rapidweaver for years but feel like Iā€™m now being treated very badly indeed.

Iā€™ve looked back at the support conversation between yourself and @Aaron (all 47+ emails!!!) and it appears that heā€™s done everything be can to help you.

Iā€™ve also tried your FTP credentials (just as @Aaron did), in RapidWeaver 7, Transmit, and YummyFTP, none of them would connect to your server!

Thereā€™s not much more I can do if no client will connect, this leads me to believe itā€™s not an issue with RapidWeaver because Iā€™ve not managed to connect with it or any of the other popular FTP clients. Wouldnā€™t you agree?

Perhaps itā€™s an issue with your host or you have supplied us with the incorrect details?

You mention din your emails that you managed to connect with FileZilla. Have you managed to connect with anything other than FileZilla?

If FileZilla is still working for you I would suggest exporting your website locally and using that to manually upload it. This is a good workaround until we figure out the real issue, right?

Now Iā€™ve come across your ā€˜supportā€™ page here where I can see that others are screaming out in desperation to get the IDENTICAL problem fixed.

They are not ā€œIDENTICAL problemsā€ ā€” FTP/SFTP/FTPS is hugely complex, and no two hosts are the same. We work hard to improve RapidWeaver with every release, just check out the Release Notes page for proof of this. RapidWeaver 7.1 will be out in the next few weeks, this improves RapidWeaver in many areas as well as fixing many, many things.

Thereā€™s a also a thread about FTP here, again this shows that we are listening and offering support and fixes for those with issues.

We always do our best to help our customers (as seen in the 47 emails between yourself and support). Thereā€™s not many companies that would offer this level of support. If a RapidWeaver user is not happy for any reason, after any period of time, we always offer a 100% refund. Again, not many companies do that.

Weā€™re working full time on RapidWeaver and making it better with every release. We want our users to be happy. We also understand that sometimes RapidWeaver just isnā€™t the right fit for a particular user, perhaps this is one of those times. Please do let me know if youā€™d like a refund or if there is anything else I can do to help.

Weā€™re only human and weā€™re doing everything we can.

Thanks,
Dan

8 Likes

Hi Dan

Thank you for your reply. I have also been emailed by Aaron who has assured me he will now work with me through to resolution.

I appreciate the effort you are now making, itā€™s just a shame that I was ignored and that I had to make it public but I can see that you understand the frustration. The 47 emails are a measure of the lack of progress that was being made and the increasing frustration, rather than the opposite.

As you will appreciate, updating a site manually is not the best or most efficient way to do it and is a recipe for potential problems.

Letā€™s hope we can get this all fixed now.

With thanks,

Michael

If you are able to get your ftp credentials to work with other ftp clients, then you could use Transmit.

There are many RapisWeaver users who swear by it.

Personally, I gave up trying to get Rapidweaverā€™s FTP to work about 9 years ago and started using Transmit. I have never looked back and, in truth, havenā€™t even bothered revisiting the built in FTP to see whether Realmac ever got it working again.

I appreciate that the ideal situation is to get the inbuilt functionality working, but after many frustrating hours I decided to forget trying to troubleshoot the problem any longer. I took the view that everything else in RW seemed to work well and I could live with a simple 2-step process to upload my site.

I now just publish to a local folder and then upload the files I want via Transmit. It is fast and reliable, and gives me great flexibility in uploading just what I want, when I want. So for those who are having ongoing problems with uploading I would give Transmit or FileZilla a go.

1 Like

Meanwhile my site still does not publish and RW crashes. I have heard on another forum that a potential cause for this may be the old theme I use. I use Cre4my from Seydesign circa 2011 and apparently the old author of the theme did not maintain it.

For anyone else having publishing problems on large sites can you state what Theme you use? perhaps this would shed some light on the problem

You might want to start a new thread for your problemā€¦ Be very specific.

Can you ā€œExportā€ at all? (Publish to local folder.) If you export can you then upload using an ftp app (I use Yummy very successfully.) Have you tried making a new test project with one page using a new built in theme (to test) and uploading? Can you ā€œExport Siteā€ to local folder? Can you connect at all with FTP? ETC.

Things Iā€™ve done to help eliminate crashes.

• Have only ONE copy of Rapidweaver. Compress other versions so itā€™s a zip file and archive in case you need them.
  • Completely remove all add-ons, (after you backup) re-download them and drop them into the Rapidweaver folder manually.
  • Turn off all your Mac 3rd party add-ons while testing to check for conflicts.
  • etc, etc,

@willwood just took over the SeyDesign themes, maybe he can help you figure this out as well. Have you contacted him about an update to the theme??

1 Like

I have thanks and he has been very helpful. it would appear that Cre4my was not maintained and with subsequent releases of RW has gotten more unstable in large projects. I wanted to inform people here to see if anyone else had problems with older themes. I have purchased creamy6 but the theme styles are not compatible and will need to be replicated in v6 as the theme was in effect was rewritten.

Hey Dan, if you all want to help why hasnā€™t anybody answered my question for a whole week now?

My question wasā€¦ How/where do I simply find the plug ins that I purchased?

No one has answered my question, and itā€™s wrong to take peoples money and not care about them using the product. So far, as of right now, Iā€™ve wasted around $300.00 with you all that you all say is non refundable! So as it stands weā€™re able to purchase your product, we just canā€™t use them, and you will not assist us! Right?

I need help man, I spent my last $300.00 with you all, I literally have no money left at all, and no one seems to careā€¦

Againā€¦ Anyone! Who can help me!

@jwd725 Obviously I donā€™t know your whole situation but the vast majority of products you may have purchased will send you an email with a link for downloading the product plus a license code (if needed). So my guess is that the problem is with email communication:

1. did you give folks your correct email address (this wouldnā€™t be the first time someone didnā€™t)
  2. depending on a variety of factors itā€™s quite possible that you did receive the emails and they went directly into your junk folder. So if not deleted, check there.
  3. finally it seems very unlikely you bought $300 of products with RealMac. (I suppose itā€™s possible, but unlikely.) For instance if you purchased Stacks then thatā€™s handled by another vender: RealMac does not make the product.

My best guess (and itā€™s only that) is that you bought a variety of products from different vendors. Since you havenā€™t heard from any of them (apparently) then the main problem seems to be with your email setup.

Of course this may not be the problem at all ā€¦ Iā€™m simply going by the information youā€™ve provided so far and trying to make some reasonable guesses about what may have happened. It is very very very rare that folks have any problems getting the relevant emails when they purchase RW.

2 Likes

@jwd725 ,
Asking the same question on multiple posts will not get you an answer any faster.
Product installation - RapidWeaver / Plugins - RapidWeaver Support Forum (realmacsoftware.com)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 12 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.