Drag and Drop Doesn't Work

Looked at the video tutorials, and the software doesn’t work as advertised.

Open a new project, add a page that is fine. Drag and drop from the desktop (text or picture), preview and all it shows is the desktop location (for example -/Users/simon/Desktop/brooks 1.jpg)

I used Frontpage on a laptop previously and iWeb on a Mac more recently, and so far, Rapidweaver seems to be a waste of money

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Which kind of page? Full screen screenshots of edit and preview mode help.

In edit or preview, drag and drop an image from the desktop and this is all that is displayed
/Users/simon/Desktop/brooks 1.jpg

Not sure a screenshot would provide much more information

Screenshots and links always help. The more information you provide, the more help the good people of this forum can provide for you.

1 Like

Point is, the screen shot only shows exactly what I have typed.

The tutorial shows dragging and item from the desktop, dropping it on the edit page, and previewing. None of that actually happens

What kind of page? A home page

Add > All Plugins > Markdown > Rename > add content

Markdown requires you to use Markdown code. If you want to drag an image onto the page, you’ll need to use the “Styled Text” plugin.

3 Likes

Ok, thanks, will give that a try.

Maybe the tutorials should be updated if the information is incorrectly portrayed

No tutorial video contains dragging and dropping an image into a markdown page.
If a video had contained that, you would have seen that this isn’t possible.

This tutorial shows dragging and dropping a image into a styled text page: https://rapidweavercommunity.com/tutorials/getting-started/the-5-minute-site

7 Likes

BTW, Simon, every application works in different ways. The fact that you’ve used iWeb and, especially, Notepad, doesn’t help you much when you start using a new app. Some time and patience is always needed to learn basics. Before that, criticizing a new app does not make sense at all.

3 Likes

You’ve just been asked which kind of page, and told a screenshot would help. You’ve not said which kind of page, and all you have said is a screenshot wouldn’t help. What hasn’t helped is your response.

btw you’ll get the file path if it’s for example a Markdown or HTML page. Drag and drop works perfectly fine here…

OK eventually the info was dragged out of you :slight_smile:

btw, you really need to get the Stacks plugin, it’s a pre-requisite. And personally I prefer something like Foundation for complete control over design and responsiveness.

Foundation is really for people who runs homepage businesses … and for all who wants to make a totally personal website, I would say. If you just make your own and a few fairly simple one’s for friends it’s a waste of money. Foundation cost a good deal.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.