I currently try to move content from one cms-system (pulse) to another cms-system (easy cms). Everything was running smooth, but in some admin-text-fields of easy cms, the content is not displayed after saving and reloading the page. After some try and error, I found a relationship between the character count in that field and the empty editor for that field. The content seems to vanish at about 6030 characters.
- content in entered into the admin-text-field of easy cms
- content is displayed in the corresponding text-field
- more content is entered into the admin-text-field and the mentioned limit is reached and saved
- content is displayed correctly in the corresponding text-field
- page is reloaded
- content is still displayed correctly in the corresponding text-field, but not in the admin-text-field anymore
- ( content can be found in the text-file of that field under /cms-data/text/content-name.cms )
- if the amount of content is going below the limit, it is again displayed in the admin-text-field of easy cms
So, is there a natural limit for these text-fields, or can I maybe change the limit? Is this a bug? Sadly, I cannot reduce the amount of content and splitting would be an annoying thing to do in this case.
Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.