Edit mode versus preview mode faillure

Good afternoon,

I have a major problem with one of my websites www.henkvanmierlo.nl/testsite in Rapidweaver 8
If I have everything ready in edit mode, see attachments, and go to preview mode, my screen is blank white?
I tried to fix the problem for about 4 hours yesterday but I failed. Can you please help me with some screen prints or explanations, what am I doing wrong?
My other websites that I made with 8 work!
Many thanks in advance

Henk van Mierlo
info@henkvanmierlo.com

Does that site use any plugins that your other sites do not use? If so, is it up to date?

Otherwise, the only thing I can think of is to troubleshoot it by creating a new site, then slowly adding the content piece by piece until it stops previewing. Then you’ve found the problem.

Rob

I too occasionally run into preview issues with RW. In my experience a reboot usually resolved the issues, coupled with ensuring that I have other apps closed on my machine while using RW (RW can be processor intensive). I assume you’ve tried to restart rapidweaver and reopen the project and the same issue persists? Will the project preview successfully within a browser from within RW? If it is a particular element causing the issue Rob’s suggestion is a great way to go, or one could slowly delete pieces of the project and then preview the project until success.

Hi Dan,

Thanks a lot, I’ve installed in RW 8 a DEMO of RMWL for creating a multilingual website,
Is it possible that this caused my white pages in preview mode? And if so, how can I get rid of it (Uninstall and where)

Best regards
Henk

Henk van Mierlo
Laan van Leeuwesteyn 69
2271 HJ Voorburg
The Netherlands
+31(0)6 53 27 70 48

mail@henkvanmierlo.com
www.henkvanmierlo.nl/testsite

Schermafbeelding 2020-03-25 om 18.56.27.png

Hi Rob, thanks a lot, I’ve installed in RW 8 a DEMO of RMWL for creating a multilingual website,
Is it possible that this caused my white pages in preview mode? And if so, how can I get rid of it (Uninstall and where)

Best regards

Henk

Henk van Mierlo
Laan van Leeuwesteyn 69
2271 HJ Voorburg
The Netherlands
+31(0)6 53 27 70 48

mail@henkvanmierlo.com

I don’t own these stacks but usually, you can open the Stacks library, find the stack to uninstall, right click it and choose Uninstall.

Alternatively, if you think you might need the stacks again in the future, choose Reveal in Finder and then move them one by one to a backup folder, re-start RW and they should be gone.

HTH

Rob

Which stack would you advise for 2 or 3 languages
Best regards
Henk

Henk van Mierlo
Laan van Leeuwesteyn 69
2271 HJ Voorburg
The Netherlands
+31(0)6 53 27 70 48

mail@henkvanmierlo.com

Nothing springs to mind I’m afraid.

Please let me clear a few things up here…

@Henk contacted me a while I was on holiday (cut short due to Corona Virus) with the attached screenshot:

(Slightly edited by me, to hide personal identifiable information)

This error message happens before he adds any addons to the page. As has been discussed previously, the error indicates that the internal server RapidWeaver 8 uses for displaying previews has stopped working or is conflicting with something else installed on the computer.

Couldn't start the internal web server on 127.0.0.1:2222
Address already in use

My advice at the time was to reinstall RapidWeaver 8, and if that still did not help, to contact Realmac support for help.

The fact that this error happens prior to any addons being added to the page indicates that the problem is not caused by any installed addons. More likely the internal web server RapidWeaver 8 uses for previewing has gone “caput” for this particular user. The error message makes no mention of any particular addons and is very clear in its meaning.

All the free and paid addons I make for RapidWeaver install using the methods Realmac themselves recommend. So that means no custom installers or disk images etc. You are free to install, manage or delete addons in the normal way, in the RapidWeaver Addon Manager window. I already document this on my website. If you have further questions about this, you can email or live chat me.

There is no such addon available for RapidWeaver called RMWL. That has no meaning and nothing is returned by that name in a web search.

I make a popular addon called RWML. RWML stands for RapidWeaver Multi Lingual. It has been around for several years. It is very easy to find online and in the RapidWeaver Community Addons website. Last week it was trending on the front page of the RapidWeaver Community Addons website. Some developers like @MultiThemes also use RWML in projects they sell. This is one of the stacks to consider using if you need help building any multilingual website with RapidWeaver.

@robbeattie where have you got word from that RWML is obsolete and unsupported or no longer developed? RWML is currently the third most popular addon I sell. RWML is a simple $20 purchase from my website. No “special financial arrangements” needed, that I can see.

2 Likes

Looks like a simple mistake on my part. I searched for RMWL as per the original post on your site and couldn’t find it. I don’t own the stacks and have never used them, so carried the mis-spelling over into my search. I then checked your Obsolete stacks page (https://stacks4stacks.com/archive/) where RWML is listed. Hence my comment.

Happy to remove it so there’s no confusion going forward.

Rob

Beste Will,
Ik heb je bericht gelezen en heb vervolgens RW8 opnieuw geĂŻnstalleerd.
Hij is nu als totaal sneller, maar bijvorbeeld bij de foto’s previw is hij nog traag.
Ik ga voorlopig gewoon verder en als ik RWML ga installeren laat ik je weten hoe dat werkt.
Hartelijke groet
Henk, ook Rob bedankt

Beste Henk,

Yes, in fact, I can say that the RWML stack is a very popular stack and the best without a doubt for multilingual websites. I am using it from the very beginning before @willwood take it over, and improve it to v2, from @Joost from Tsooj Media. The support was and always has been excellent from both Joost and Will. For me RWML deserves the position of one of the best RW stacks ever developed.

Ik wens je veel plezier met RWML :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanx Tino

Hartelijke groet,

Henk

06-53277048 (nieuw nummer)

Henk van Mierlo

Laan van Leeuwesteyn 69

2271 HJ Voorburg

mail@henkvanmierlo.com
www.henkvanmierlo.nl

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.